Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

5-7 year old girls--what stuff do they enjoy?

I have 3 new sponsored kids in africa and am sending them paper items through the mail (paper is all that's allowed). One has a birthday coming up, and I want to send her some things. What I can send is limited, but I need some idea of what interests that age group of girls---I can't remember, and I have a boy, so I'm sort of out of my element here!

I was thinking: paper dolls, coloring pages (what types of things? My little pony? Princess?), Stickers (any topics spring to mind that would be super special?), Birthday pop-up card from Barnes & Noble or one that talks or sings--which one would be more fun?

Thanks. There are cultural differences of course, but essentially if 7 year olds here like my little pony, they'll probably like them there, too.

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Re: 5-7 year old girls--what stuff do they enjoy?

PS...any links to online printables that are good for that age group? they speak french... (I do not), but it's okay if the puzzles are in english if they are sort of easy to figure out just by looking at them (e.g. mazes).

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm if it all has to be paper, I think you've already got it covered! Paper dolls, coloring pages and stickers. Maybe tic tac toe, or mazes, connect the dot.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter LOVES stickers! She also loves the Melissa and Doug faces sticker kit. We've gone through 2 of them.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

ooooh, the kit sounds really cool. I will look into it.

I was more thinking what characters, topics, etc are they into... that translate onto stickers and printables. E.g., what characters and so forth are too young for them versus what is too old for them to like.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Littlest pet shop,polly pocket,horses,strawberry shortcake dolls and toys,Barbie,art and craft stuff,baby dolls that do things,doll houses,games (board and electronic). those are somethings my DD age 7 has been interested in between 5 and now.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
MaryInPinedale
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD is really in fairies. She built her own little fairy village outside over the summer. I am sure you could find some coloring pages with some whimsical garden fairies on them.
MaryInPinedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
RachelFlores
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dd is 7. As far as characters go, she likes princesses (Disney and otherwise), fairies, My Little Pony, Phineas and Ferb (only cool, if they watch the show), Pokemon, anything to do with horses, and anything that is sparkely (stickers, paperdolls and such)

As for, paper activities, she likes simple how to draw books, mazes, dot-to-dots, and all the others you named.

In my own dd, I've seen a shift in interests from 5-7. At 5, she still liked Dora, Diego, Seseme Street characters, and was much more into Disney princesses, that is no longer the case. A kid turning 5 can stll like preschool stuff, a kid turning 7 usually won't admit to liking it even if they do.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

My DD is almost 6.

She loves horses, princesses, dolls, different animals.

I think you are on the right track with everything you were mentioning in your OP.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #10
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I found a really neat thing on Etsy a couple of years ago and can't remember the seller or anything but, it was a printable dollhouse and paper doll with trees and flowers. You print it on cardstock and then cut it out and then folded the lines and there were some tabs to make them stand up. It was like little red riding hood or something? It was super cute and a bit unique from regular paper dolls.