Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
soniarp33
Registered Users

Grovia Aplex (Hook & Loop) vs Snaps

So I'm expecting and new to cloth diapering. I've been doing a lot of research and I'm leaning towards the Grovia hybrid/ai2 diapers. I'm wondering which you guys prefer the aplex or the snaps? I feel like I would prefer snaps but I've heard the aplex get a better fit. Also would you recommend for a newborn or would you recommend getting newborn diapers for the beginning?

Advertisement

soniarp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grovia Aplex (Hook & Loop) vs Snaps

I would go with snaps, I find my snap shells to be very adjustable, and I actually find them to be softer and more flexible without the bulky loop panel.

for my newborn I plan on: pre-folds & flats in my GroVia covers and some soon-to-be- released newborn AIOs from GroVia!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

i'm an all snaps kind of mama and i actually prefer aplix with grovia. so try 1 of each and see what works for you!
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
addicteddad
Registered Users

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm considering buying a couple snap shells despite the fact that I love the H&L already. Do the snap shells gap more at the legs than H&L in Grovias? Any other fit issues with one over the other?
We love the H&L because of the wide panel and the ability to alter how it fits around DS's thighs. The snaps, because the are single row and up high seem like they might gap in the crotch area .

TIA
addicteddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm considering buying a couple snap shells despite the fact that I love the H&L already. Do the snap shells gap more at the legs than H&L in Grovias? Any other fit issues with one over the other?
We love the H&L because of the wide panel and the ability to alter how it fits around DS's thighs. The snaps, because the are single row and up high seem like they might gap in the crotch area .

TIA
I have a harder time getting a good fit with snaps when they are on the edge of moving up a rise.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I ended up destashing my snap Grovias because I got such a better fit with H&L and they were much easier to slap on quickly. I hated the laundry tabs though and always just fastened the shells inside out for washing.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad View Post

TIA
I would think any gap in the crotch could be fixed by adjusting the rise snaps, there is a hip snap on the inside of the tabs, it's not just the one snap at the center that is easy to see in pictures. I usually put the hip snap at the 2nd snap in from the ends, and the waist snaps meet at the middle, with the shell on the middle rise setting for my 18 month old, I tried with the rise unsnapped the other day and I had to move the hip snaps in to the 4th snap (because he is super scrawny in the waist) and he got a bit of wing droop, but not in the crotch area. So for my son, I get a much better fit with a lower rise and the diaper resting across his hips, well below the belly button. I don't use the hook and loop unless I'm using a disposable soaker, so it's hard to compare the fit with that.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote