Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was 17 when my last tooth fell out. I lost more in middle and high school than in elementary. I got braces at 18-20 and that sucked but I have pretty teeth now and no cavities!!

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teeth falling out really, really late?

My oldest is 6.5 and is not even close to losing any, no loose teeth at all. My second is 5.5 and also has no loose teeth.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our dentist said when you start losing teeth is mostly genetic. My kids (so far) are on the opposite side of the spectrum, they lose their teeth very early. He said most likely either dh or I lost our teeth early too. (both girls lost their first tooth within a month of turning 5. Dd1 lost all of her first 8 before she was 7. Dd2 turned 5 in August and is about to lose her 2nd tooth and her top 2 are wiggly as well)
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

My brother didn't loose any baby teeth until he was 8. I was 7 before I lost any of mine. It tends to run in families and they are also more likely to loose them late if they got their baby teeth late. DS will be 7 in May and he hasn't lost any yet....nothing even starting to wiggle. Think of it as a good thing. Chances are they will stay healthy longer.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Phrasing my grandma..... when she is damn well ready to loose her teeth she will....my grandma would reply on belly button falling off, & anything my mom was worried on like that. My mom had my bro & I after belly button stage & my momworried on my oldest getting teeth.... so I wouldn't worry because she will loose them eventually kinda like getting periods.... I was early but other late.....
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
Mommy/4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy/3boys
seller

My Mood:
None off my boys have lost a tooth before 7 (I don't know about my youngest yet). I was still loosing teeth as a senior in high school.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

My DD will be 7 in January and hasn't lost any teeth. Her baby teeth are in there pretty solid.

My dad is a dentist and my sister is an orthodontist. They both don't see any concern with it and will probably take X rays in a year or so.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #18
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's normal. it's even better because her jaw will be larger to accommodate the larger teeth and she will be able to take care of them and brush them better, so they will last longer.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #19
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

My friend's DD is 8 and has not lost any teeth yet.

My DH never lost one of his baby teeth. Dentists won't pull it b/c they don't know if his adult tooth will come down or not, and are concerned with it causing spacing issues if they pull it. It's not a big deal at all. He has never had a cavity!

I lost all of mine, starting around 5/6 and then finished sometime in middle school. All of my teeth are rotting out of my head at an alarming rate - which I think has more to do with the crap I ate as a kid than when my adult teeth came in.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #20
Bellaroo
Registered Users

I was late to lose my first and my last baby tooth. I lost my first one in the 2nd grade and my last was surgically removed when I was 18. I lost a good number of baby teeth during high school.

The tooth that was pulled wasn't budging because the adult tooth was fused to the bone (it was removed as well). It never caused me any issues at all and my dentists and orthodontists were never concerned that I was holding onto my baby teeth for so long.

ETA: What really stunk about losing my teeth so late was that I got totally ripped off by the tooth fairy. Apparently she doesn't visit once you are in high school.

Last edited by Bellaroo; 11-20-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote