Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Teething nexklaces

I'm looking for info/ advice on the amber teething necklaces and if they are all the same or some more reputable than others?? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement

Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
bmacnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Lovinfluffybuns
Registered Users

Re: Teething nexklaces

A lady in my town sells them locally, She told me that the darker the amber the more succinic acid it has, and that unpolished is better, I have tried these necklaces on 3 kids and only found it really effective on one child and mildly effective on the other 2 though.
Lovinfluffybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Inspired by Finn is the popular one on DS, but actually they say the lighter the amber and unpolished is better.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any more ladies to chime in??

I plan on this being my 6mo old ds Xmas present. He has been teething for almost 2 months with no teeth so far. Ds1 was teething one day, teeth the next, never any big probs.
Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
Old 11-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacnak
Any more ladies to chime in??

I plan on this being my 6mo old ds Xmas present. He has been teething for almost 2 months with no teeth so far. Ds1 was teething one day, teeth the next, never any big probs.
I'm very interested in this to. I didn't know there were different types of amber and all that. I wanted to get one of these for my little one for Christmas too. She's only three months but she just started drooling like crazy and biting.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bump
Old 01-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
rhodesestrada
Registered Users
seller

Would a bracelet be as effective or does the increased amount of amber in a necklace make a difference? Just curious before the teeth come in to try bracelet.
rhodesestrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everything hazelwood and baltic amber I've purchased has been from Inspired By Finn. Regarding the bracelet, they say for the greatest effectiveness to put it closest to the place you're trying to relieve pain from so in the case of teething you'd probably want a necklace but a bracelet may work also.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #9
Esmerelda_RB
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to say that a bracelet could pose a definite choking hazard with a little baby. Stick with the necklace.

We have an amber necklace that has a spectrum - dark and light. It seemed to work ok... not a miracle cure, but she tended to be a little less cranky with it than without it. BUT, I noticed that you need to have baby wear it all day for a few days before you notice a difference (take it off at night/naps).
Esmerelda_RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
LaurenR
Registered Users
seller

This may not be what you're looking for, but I ended up buying a wooden and crocheted bead nursing necklace for my daughter because it caught her attention and gave her something to chew on while teething. I found a lovely selection on Etsy. She loved it from 6 to 9 months and has now outgrown it.
LaurenR is offline   Reply With Quote