Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yet another teacher gift ?

Ok, I am trying to think of something fun and unique to get dd's teacher for Christmas. She has been amazing with dd and we want to say thank you. I'll write her a note but want something fun to include with the note. At the first of the year she had in one of her notes that she loves teddy bears. I figure she has a ton of bears but thought I could something else bear themed.

Dd is writing a book to give all her teachers and family. So I don't want to spend a lot of money. I love making handmade stuff too.

Advertisement

Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Yet another teacher gift ?

My go to handmade gift is an apron, maybe with some cute teddy bear fabric?
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dd's teacher has mentioned in a conversation before that she doesn't enjoy cooking much so I'm not sure an apron is a good gift. I wonder if I could find a cute teddy bear fleece though and crochet an edge around it for a cute throw blanket. I'll have to see what I can find for teddy bear fabrics for ideas.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I do useful gifts. No teddy bears. No darn mugs! Lol. My friend who are teacher drown under chocolates and mugs. Haha! I would do a gift card to somewhere she can buy supplies from. Or do unpapers ect
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981
I do useful gifts. No teddy bears. No darn mugs! Lol. My friend who are teacher drown under chocolates and mugs. Haha! I would do a gift card to somewhere she can buy supplies from. Or do unpapers ect
I don't really want to do a gift card. I know it would be appreciated but I to do something that involves a little more thought. She's been so loving with dd this year and I want to let her know we really appreciate it.

I'm thinking of maybe doing a 12 days of Christmas something (but not even attempt to get dd to keep it a secret because she can't be sneaky to save her life). I've found several fun and cheaper ideas for something like that. I am pretty sure I can end it with the book dd is working on. And maybe I'll figure out something teddy bear like for one of the days - still thinking.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Funny because I was a public school teacher for 7 years and a preschool teacher for 3.5, and I never got one mug with chocolate, but if I had I would have been appreciative because it's the thought that counts. There is nothing more obnoxious than ungrateful people.

To the OP, do you know any of her hobbies? Like does she garden, sew, scrapbook, etc?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What about bear themed books? Have your child write a holiday message, sign and date.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

What about a teddy bear ornament for her tree? Something personalized for a teacher
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote