Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
jfree1986
Registered Users

Over-priced? Not selling on eBay or Craigslist :(

The master sticky for diaper chatter said to post here so....

I'm selling 13 EEUC (like new) FB OS Elites, 1 GUC Tots Bots, 1 like new Kissa pail liner, 20 Osocozy flannel wipes, and an Aquaus diaper sprayer (used maybe 5 times?). I included the sprayer on CL, but not Amazon thinking it might sell better locally. My ad on eBay can be found by searching for "Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Cloth Wipes" and my CL ad is very similar, but shows the sprayer and is priced $50 higher (I expected lower offers, so I priced up). eBay lot is $199 +15 ship. CL is asking $250.

I don't understand why they're not selling!! I'ts been nearly a month of editing and re-posting (probably 2.5 weeks on eBay). All my other diapers have sold quickly. Do people not like Elites? Unpopular colors (I always buy gender neutral)? Am I over-pricing them??

Please help me fix my ads or suggest a better price. I really need these to sell soon. Thank you!!

Advertisement

Last edited by jfree1986; 11-22-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: forgot to incl my prices
jfree1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maybe the lot is too big. Most people will buy a few here or there, but trying to unload a lot that big is going to reduce your buying audience. Also, we are in the holiday season, so most people are spending their money on that.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
nmrgrl55
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Over-priced? Not selling on eBay or Craigslist :(

Have you tried smaller lots or individual?
nmrgrl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Perhaps the issue is your trying to sell as a large lot. I have never seen a full lot like you have where I actually want everything in your lot. I don't know about your pricing as I don't buy that kind of diaper.

Have you tried splitting it up to see if you can sell in smaller lots?
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
jfree1986
Registered Users

Thanks for the feedback. True, it is a large lot, and I haven't tried breaking it up.

Good point about the shopping for the holidays. Plus, there are the Black Friday sales.

For pricing:

FB Elite OS retail $19.99 on pretty much every site.
Tots Bots are pricey at around $25-27
Kissa liner is $15
Sprayer I paid $60, but saw it for $40 on a Black Friday Sale.
Wipes...I think $15?

So for dipes I was thinking about $14 a piece (good for EUC, right?)
That's $196 right there, plus say $30 for sprayer (still have instructions), free wipes, $5 for liner? So, 230ish total?
Old 11-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Everything is slow right now bc people are buying for holidays.

If you can hang on to them until tax time you might have better luck?
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
jfree1986
Registered Users

Do you think I should wait or break it up? I don't have to sell them now, but it would be nice to buy some extra things for the new baby coming in January.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I actually saw a post here for elites just covers though shipping to Canada though (if you don't mind that). I know locally here cds don't go well on CL. I think ebay they can go for more but used I think one gal I sold mine to was thinking like 10.00 per diaper and maybe a bit for shipping. some just looking for girl or boy colors/gn so you might want to try there. you can list with ebay with reserve so start low for interest but only sell if reach x price..... pics gelp lots if you don't have inside and out shown..... I think I saw more diapers for 300 on CL here of BG velcro and such..... hope you find some good hints here from mamas.

jennayoung99 is the one loking for FB elites....

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 11-22-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: ading DS name for reference
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sell individually

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would break it up ... I would sell them on ebay... Offer combined shipping. (mention in your listing that you are selling other things). Sell in sets of 3 or 4. List the wipes, sprayer, and wet bag separately.

(Someone might want the dipes but pass on your lot because they have wipes and a sprayer... or someone might have want the wipes but prefer a different diaper. Chances are you will at least sell part of it. Also I have only rarely seen diapers on my local CL... So I wouldn't look there for diapers. )

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote