Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sugar addicts support thread

I'm a serious sugar addict. I have been able to kick nicotine and caffeine, refined foods.. except sugar. I can't seem to quit the sugar. It's a HUGE problem for me.
I was hoping that if any mamas were in the same boat we could lend each other support to beat our addiction.

I know it's crazy to say that one is addicted to sugar, but honestly I have little to NO will power with sugar (or organization, but I guess that's a support thread for another time).

I just got hired at a new job, working as a Nursing assistant in the ER. I had to undergo a rigorus physical for the job (mostly for legal protection for the hospital). I am overweight and out of shape according to thier standards. I have shrunk to 5'8" (have ALWAYS been 5'9") and 177lbs my BMI is 26.5 I need to loose 10 lbs to be in the 'normal' range, I'd like to get back down to 150.

Anyone with me in wanting to support each other in kicking the sugar habit?

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm an addict too. I am trying to hard to eat better and even if I take it all out of the house I find myself at the store buying it.
Sigh, chocolate and pop (soda) are my weakness.

Sent from my (not so)Smartphone using DS Forum

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sugar addicts support thread

Oh I'm right there with you. I am at 175 and my goal is 150 except I'm shorter than you (read FATTER). I can't stop shoving my face with it, and the worst part is that if I do have a successful day or two, I gorge the next day to make up for it. I have seriously been losing the same four pounds over and over and over for a month and a half. I could definitely use a sugar addict support thread
Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Myperfectlife, I'm the same way. Great for a few days, even a week. I don't keep junk food around the house at all, but I do have a 5 gal bucket of sugar which I can use to make a hotfudge pudding cake (seriously easy, sugar, flour, cocoa and hot water, it's freaking swesome ) or apple crisps, or sugar and bailey's creamer in my (decaf) coffee. I thnk I need to kick the coffee habit (it's 99.7%caffeine free so I know it doesn't really have anything to do with caffeine, had to give up caffeine because of heart srythmias and even then it still took a full 2 years to stop having relapses)

Krispy79: I usually drink water, at dinner I crave something carbonated and will have a beer though around AF (which is now, it ranges anywhere form 2-6 weeks so I never really know when It's going to hit) I crave soda and will usually have a sprite. Been pacing for one today, broke down and had a beer instead. (wow it sounds like I have a beer problem but I swear I only ever have one and that's not every day either)...

maybe I should also try cutting the beer? IDK, but I do know the SUGAR has got to go.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Outside of sugar I eat very healthy, I have a stationary bike I ride when I watch tv (honestly I don't do a hard workout on it and evidentally it showd on my cardiac stress test for work).

Dh and I are getting a gym membership at the 'local' Y (35 miles away, so it'll be a twice a week thing)
Old 11-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am totally stuck in this with you. I know that it is definitely an addiction - when I don't have any for a long time I don't want any, but that takes weeks/months to get to, and then after 1 binge I'm back stuck craving it all the time. I really need to just not have anything in the house, but then I just want some and end up buying it anyway. Maybe I pretty much ate 2 whole packages of oreos in the last few days...but then I feel icky. You would think that b/c I'm breastfeeding I would have more self control to not expose DD to so much sugar, but so far, no luck either
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Belbaby3728
Banned

Me! Me! Me! Oh my goodness....I am not really dieting as I eat good aside from sweet cravings. Wasn't even this bas when pregnant but since nursing (11 months) just horrible. Ice cream and baked goods are my weakness.... Sometimes I do good and don't eat any for a week and then fall back. Ugh!
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Teresa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Count me in. I have terrible issues with sugar. It's the only thing I really crave. I try to curb the craving with fruit, and that does help, but it's still a constant battle. And no matter how little sugary products I keep in the house, my kids are bombarded with sugar everywhere they go. People constantly give them sugary treats, and it drives me bananas.

I am breastfeeding my 10 month old, and I think that is the only reason I'm not gaining weight. But I need to get it under control.

Has anyone tried Stevia? I've heard it is totally safe and natural, and I've wondered about cooking with it.

Aiyana, are you wanting to cut back or totally cut it out? I need some ideas on how to seriously decrease the sugar in my and my family's diet.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
doulaK
Registered Users
seller

Can I join too? Sugar is my weakness. Huge huge weakness!