Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
GodLover
Registered Users
seller

Find out the gender? We already have 3 kids (2 boys 1 girl) I don't really care either way but I'm not sure I want I wait to find out either....I love the idea of the surprise but Im not sure I can wait ahhhh
Moms who don't find out tell me why an how special ur surprise was.
Moms who have found out in the past like myself if you could do it again Or have done it again would you not find out?

Advertisement

Last edited by GodLover; 11-21-2012 at 03:07 PM.
GodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do we or don't we....

We found out before birth with our first and didn't with our second. I absolutely LOVED the surprise at birth and we are going the Team Green route again this last time. It was great knowing for our first and easy to shop for him knowing he was a boy, but there was no major difficulties with the not knowing for our second either. This time, my only "difficulty" of not knowing is that I can't shop. Finding out the sex of the baby at birth is really awesome and I recommend you do it, especially since you have boys and a girl and either one won't cause you any particular disappointment.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have 3 boys, 1 girl and found out with all of them. Since this is our (planned) last I didn't want to find out so we didn't. DH still wants to know but he's getting more excited about not finding out since my c/s is in 4 weeks. My thought was we have boys and a girl and since we aren't planning on more it would be pretty awesome.
My argument to him was that he gets to be the one to tell me in the OR and he gets to be the one to walk out and tell everyone.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have 2 boys and a girl and found out with all 3 of them, this time we are waiting so we can have that experience too. It might just kill me though! I would be finding out in about 10 weeks, now I have to wait about 27 more instead!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will definately find out again. I feel so deeply attached the day our developing LOs are named. I talk to my babies in utero by name & feel so incredibly bonded before the birth by knowing the gender. I believe that finding out allows me to purchase more specific gifts & necessities that I'm able to put more thought into & it allows me to feel more prepared than I would otherwise.

Last edited by raymark; 11-21-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found out with my first 2(a boy and girl), and didnt with our third(girl). We really wanted to know this time(our 4th) and found we are expecting a boy.
I didn't like not knowing as much. We felt like our third might be a boy and had a boy name picked but never decided on a girls name. We weren't disappointed that she was a girl, just felt more prepared for a boy. I like shopping and preparing for a specific gender more. I'm not a huge fan of lot of yellows and greens, just me. Or shopping for both genders and needing to return afterwards.
If you decide to go green I suggest not leaning towards one gender or the other. I think that was a mistake for us, lol!
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP

Last edited by mommycass; 11-21-2012 at 04:20 PM.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We didn't find out last time and I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides the idea of the amazing surprise, the idea of referring to something inside me by name creeps me out honestly. I have a weird hang up about it.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

We didn't find out last time and we didn't find out this time (our 20 week ultrasound was the last one, so there's no more chances to change our mind).

We almost found out this time. Just because it would be nice to know. But, I'm mostly glad we didn't.

It was wonderful finding out at delivery time with DD. A little less exciting than planned since it ended up being an emergency csection and one of the techs just said something about the baby being a girl. I had wanted DH to tell me what we had. Hopefully that will happen this time.

honestly, I think this time, I mostly didn't find out for the novelty of it. Most of my friends are driven insane by the fact that I don't know. And that amuses me.

If you've never done it, I highly recommend it.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have always found out not because I really care if it is a boy or girl, but because I can not find enough gender neutral clothes that I like. So I have to know if I need to by boy or girl clothes.