Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #31
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do we or don't we....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezpoofs View Post
I'm not really understanding this "need to buy clothes" from those that already have a child, especially those who have at least one of each sex already. Isn't it more prudent to save your children's clothes and hand them down to the next one? Baby girls CAN wear boy clothing. I only mention shopping in my response because if I knew this baby is a girl, there have been many opportunities where I could have bought girl clothes that I like but didn't. I have clothes. I have a ton of boy clothes and even a good amount of girl clothes. I've bought some at yard sales throughout the years and while it wouldn't be enough for a full wardrobe for a little girl, she'll be alright until garage sale season starts up next year and there is no shortage of baby girl clothing to be found at low prices. The resources I "missed out from" during pregnancy will still be available after baby's birth. Even if I didn't have one shred of pink for her to wear, I've got more than enough boy clothing that doesn't say "Daddy's Little Slugger" or "100% Boy" on it. These things would do until I got the chance to get some girly gear, or at very least, a few headbands.

But then, I don't exactly buy all Gymboree or designer clothing, so maybe that's the difference. If you want all Baby Gap and Gymboree clothes, it does make sense to plan to buy during their sales events.

I also expect that if this baby is a girl, just about everyone in my life will want to gift me baby girl clothes for her, knowing that with two big brothers, I have mostly boy stuff.
We don't buy all Baby Gap or Gymboree either But we resell our children's clothing to fund outerwear, shoes, etc for the next season. I actually spent Black Friday shopping at a kid's consignment store, not the mall. Also, having two toddlers at the grocery store can be stressful without adding a newborn to the mix. I like shopping and its one of the few chores I get to enjoy periodically. And as a previous poster mentioned, we don't have tons of room to save everything. We don't find out the gender "in order to shop". It just adds to the excitement of the upcoming birth.

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #32
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't ever plan to find out - I like not knowing! But maybe I'm weird.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #33
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 4 kiddos. 3 girls, one boy.
I have saved every.single.item of clothing. I'm up to over 100 onsies! (Yikes!)
My last 2 babies were one boy, one girl, so I have a FULL wardrobe for each gender now, so really, the next time I get preggo, I'm set with clothes, so no worries there. I really want DH to catch the baby and be the first person to see the gender, so he at least feels a special moment with the baby!
God willing we will be expecting again some day, and if we do, I plan to NOT find out the gender!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #34
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
Don't find out! It has been such a wonderful experience at each birth to discover what the baby is.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #35
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We found out every time. I love it. This pregnancy is our last and I was a lil disconnected to it, if the baby was a boy I was goin to have serious gender disappointment. I was so sure t was a girl though bc I just didnt know for sure I wouldnt let myself get excited. When I found out it IS a girl, it was amazing!!! Its made my pregnancy so much better knowing and I love calling her by name. Buying clothes gender specific clothes is important to me. After 4 boys my girl is NOT wearing anything GN or boyish Not my style and Im having SO much fun shopping for a girl!!! I love it!! Our family feels complete and I love how excited I am to know my lil girl is growing inside me. And I LOVE telling people!
Every time I say I want to be team green at first, but I never regret finding out.

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #36
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Didn't read the other responses...

We didn't find out with #2. I didn't think the surprise was all I had built it up to be after reading how others said it was the best surprise ever and such. Honestly the best part was how annoyed everyone else seemed to be that we didn't find out. We found out with #3 and I'll find out if I ever have another.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #37
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We didnt find out with any of ours. I loved not findinf out and having that surprise at the end.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #38
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLEB View Post
I've never heard of a family wanting to have a surprise! Myself and all my friends who didn't find out had families bugging us to know.
Both my family and DHs family were happy we didnt find out. They loved the suprise as much as we did.

We also do not share name ideas before eiter.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #39
beccatown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have found out with all three and it was a surprise when we find out at the U/S. I also like to plan, pick a name, etc. But to each their own.

Lane Louise Grace born 04/05/2011
beccatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #40
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We didn't find out w/ #1 and I LOVED everything about the surprise.
We didn't find out this time either and I regret it. This will be our last and I am having serious anxiety about the possibility of gender disappointment. I've even tried to get my dr to find a reason to do another u/s so we can find out even though I only have 3.5 wks left before my scheduled c/s.
In you case though, you have both genders already and have experienced finding out beforehand so maybe don't find out this time so you can have a different experience this time. Just don't allow yourself to get attached to a specific gender to where you may be disappointed.