Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
aemarques
Registered Users
seller

Big DD or small clothes?

DD JUST turned three months old and she is already out growing 6 month clothing (not 3-6) We had a dr appointment at 2.5 months and I believe she was 23 or 23.5 inches, tall and skinny. I just bought her some warmer 6 month stuff thinking it would last til the end of our Arizona winter and now it might not even last until Christmas at this rate. It's like some Carter's brand stuff fits big and some so small we cant even button it?!

Is she just tall or is this normal? Is this possibly just a growth spurt that will slow down some?

Advertisement

aemarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

A Carters size 6 is 3-6. I don't know why they do that, but that's how it's sized. Their Walmart brand, Child Of Mine, is the same way. I think they have a Target or KMart brand too, Just One something or another? They're the same way. And okie dokie (JCPenney) sizes with just the larger number as well.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

In our experience, Carter's runs shorter/fatter and targets circo brand is tall and skinny.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
aemarques
Registered Users
seller

She has a few circo things that I really like, we may just have to stick with that in the future. I got all the new winter stuff from target and detagged and washed everything before putting on so I don't be returning it maybe it's a sign our next squish will be another girl as i hope (in a few years of course)

I'm hoping she just had a little spurt and will stay in this size a little longer...

They so should not label 3-6 stuff as 6 month it makes me so sad like I lost my newbie so quickly
aemarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemarques
She has a few circo things that I really like, we may just have to stick with that in the future. I got all the new winter stuff from target and detagged and washed everything before putting on so I don't be returning it maybe it's a sign our next squish will be another girl as i hope (in a few years of course)

I'm hoping she just had a little spurt and will stay in this size a little longer...

They so should not label 3-6 stuff as 6 month it makes me so sad like I lost my newbie so quickly
At least you have a good excuse to play dress up! :-D
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big DD or small clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
A Carters size 6 is 3-6. I don't know why they do that, but that's how it's sized. Their Walmart brand, Child Of Mine, is the same way. I think they have a Target or KMart brand too, Just One something or another? They're the same way. And okie dokie (JCPenney) sizes with just the larger number as well.
yep this exactly. DD is 2 months old and 11lbs and is in Carters 6 month clothes. other brands she is in 3-6 months. In some brands she is just starting to outgrow the 0-3.

Sounds normal. Kids clothes are frustraitng at times and it doesn't get any better.

I had to buy shorts for DS1 last summer and I bought 4 pairs all the same "size" when held up to each other but they were: 5T, boys 4, boys 5 all were different brands.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I bought a really cute Carter's outfit for a friend's baby, and it was too small, in the leg holes...she was thin, not chubby, yet if it was snapped, the leg holes left marks on her.

Plus the shoulders were a little too tight. It was a size larger than her normal size too...so, it was strange.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Goody's also has strange kid sizes. I remember buying some 4t for my then five year old. They looked to be made on the bigger size. When I got them home and compared them to the 5ts that fit my son they were still way to big. I would have had to go down to a 3 or even a 2t. It was the first and last time I even bothered looking at their kid clothes. I was able to return them though as I hadn't yet removed the tags.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

I do think Carter's runs a bit small. Their clothes seem to be for the long and skinny babies. My DD is 13 months but fits into their 18 month shirts and has just sized up to the 24 months. Seems super big, but I love their clothes so I don't care. And and the super skinny 2 piece pjs she actually wears 2t!

My strategy has been to find a brand I like and stick with it because I know exactly what fits, even if the sizing seems weird.

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a big-ish baby and he was able to wear 12 month clothing from 4 months until 14 months old. Some big babies trim down considerably once they start moving. My son went from 95th to 10th percentile in weight from 4 months to 15. It saved me tons of money in clothes.