Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
blackberry75
Registered Users

Is relactating really this hard to do?

I've never had a good supply to begin w/, then dd(8m) went on a nursing strike. Even w/ pumping, I'm all dried up. The LC gave me an SNS to see if we could get things going again, but there's nothing. When the LC wieghed dd, there was no weight change after 30m of nursing w/o the SNS. I'm not really sure what else I can do. Honestly, I'm so sick and tired of taking pills and drinking foul tasting teas that do nothing to improve my supply. The LC started me out taking More Milk suppliments, then More Milk Plus, now she wants me to take More Milk Special blend; but I just don't see the point. When I was taking the MMP it just barely increased my supply, we still had to suppliment w/ formula. How is another suppliment going make any difference now that the milk is gone?

DD is perfectly happy to nurse using the SNS w/ formula, and frankly so am I. It's not the nursing relationship I was hoping for, but it is what it is. Is there really any hope for us? (mainly, I'm just looking for a small glimmer that there is a silver lining or some shiz)

Advertisement

blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is relactating really this hard to do?

How long have you been going at this? I def. still think you have a shot! Are you willing to try Domperidone or Reglan? IMO, at this point, I'd probably just pump pump pump and offer the breast (with SNS) whenever baby is willing. Stress doesn't help anything so do what works and don't apologize for it!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is relactating really this hard to do?

No advice since I haven't been there. But I couldn't read your post without offering hugs to you. Your baby is lucky to have a mama that has tried so hard! I hope that you find peace wherever your path leads.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b
How long have you been going at this? I def. still think you have a shot! Are you willing to try Domperidone or Reglan? IMO, at this point, I'd probably just pump pump pump and offer the breast (with SNS) whenever baby is willing. Stress doesn't help anything so do what works and don't apologize for it!
Yes I would try reglan or domperidone. And I would pump pump pump!
Hugs and a high five for giving it all you've got mama!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote