Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #11
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breaks my heart....

This is one of many from a 'friend'.... This is her constant post:

After 4 days home w/my family. You couldn't pay me to be a stay @ home mom! My girls are at that age where they fight constantly over everything. From plugging in the x-mas tree lights to sharing popcorn! The 8 yr old tries to mother/boss and reason w/her little sis who is 4 and screams when she doesn't get her way. Really, will i look back and laugh at this? I want to run far away!!!

Don't get me wrong I totally get venting, I've done it myself... but that isn't my constant post. Kids are hard. As moms we have to work hard!! It's not always fun or easy but to always be complaining about how awful your kids behave or how your pawning them off on someone every other weekend cuz you can't stand to be around them makes me very sad.

Advertisement

Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014

Last edited by firemommaof1; 11-26-2012 at 08:24 AM.
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemommaof1
This is one of many from a 'friend'.... This is her constant post:

After 4 days home w/my family. You couldn't pay me to be a stay @ home mom! My girls are at that age where they fight constantly over everything. From plugging in the x-mas tree lights to sharing popcorn! The 8 yr old tries to mother/boss and reason w/her little sis who is 4 and screams when she doesn't get her way. Really, will i look back and laugh at this? I want to run far away!!!

Don't get me wrong I totally get venting, I've done it myself... but that isn't my constant post. Kids are hard. As moms we have to work hard!! It's not always fun or easy but to always be complaining about how awful your kids behave or how your pawning them off on someone every other weekend cuz you can't stand to be around them makes me very sad.
This doesn't sound that bad. Lol.

I don't post really anything negative about my life. I have really been trying to act the way I want to feel and it's worked!! I'll vent occasionally but really no one cares if you have 8 loads of laundry to do while the cat craps on the counter ha!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
This doesn't sound that bad. Lol.

I don't post really anything negative about my life. I have really been trying to act the way I want to feel and it's worked!! I'll vent occasionally but really no one cares if you have 8 loads of laundry to do while the cat craps on the counter ha!
yeah it's not horrible... it's just all the time!! Can't stand her kids, cant wait for yet another weekend away by herself or to have grandma come get the kids. Just sad to think she really doesn't like being around them. I know she works full time and leaves them in daycare if she gets off early.... then pawns them off every other weekend (I kid you not!) to go have some time away cuz as a mom she needs a break Her and her husband will fight over who has to watch the kids while the other goes and enjoys time away. I suppose I shouldn't care. Not my life. I have to remember that.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #14
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

This attitude makes me sad too. I understand needing a break, and venting, but to complain about your kids constantly is different. I have to wonder if people that are always complaining about their children to others complain to the children themselves. That is what saddens me.

I'm not perfect in this. At all. But I'm trying to be more careful with my "venting." If I'm constantly saying things like, "Ugh, D is so frustrating," or "She's such a horrible sleeper," or "I can't wait to get away!" those attitudes will come out when I'm with her, and I don't want her to feel like a bother, you know? Because that's the last thing she is! I don't want to label her as whatever is frustrating me in the moment.

So yeah, I definitely understand. So no judgment here. But it's important to be thankful for our kiddos, and not complain all the time'
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't have a lot of friends who complain about their kids, but I find it just as sad when people constantly complain about their spouses.

and all the 'I love my husband and kids!' posts are nauseating. I would hope that would go without saying that you love your family. Every now and then, okay.. but those people who do it constantly usually end up hidden on my Facebook. Guess what? your spouse is not the best and no matter how many times you say so, I still love mine just as much - sometimes for the exact opposite reasons that you love yours!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #16
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a friend who is exactly like this. Every time I call her, she is yelling at them saying shut the F up ect. All sorts of nasty things. Before I had children, she was actually my best friend. Now I can barely stand to be around her. When she was pregnant with her third she complained the entire pregnancy about the child calling it a parasite, ect. I finally got fed up and said if it's so much of a problem, why don't you get an abortion. Now mind you I am pro life stance. Seriously I thought it might be better for this child if it were never born.

I was trying to get pregnant with our second child at the time. So I just told her since you don't want it, adopt it out to me, and we will both be happy. I will get my second child that I want with out having to get pregnant ( I really didn't want to do this part) and she would not have to raise a third child with by herself.

If it weren't for those kids, I would not even be on speaking terms with her. I want to stick around for them, and try to show them what normalcy ( as much as can be deemed so) can be like. That they themselves can grow up to be normal, and how they can be decent parents. Not be like their mother. That may sound presumptuous, but I certainly hope I am doing a good job at being a mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyous View Post
This attitude makes me sad too. I understand needing a break, and venting, but to complain about your kids constantly is different. I have to wonder if people that are always complaining about their children to others complain to the children themselves. That is what saddens me.'
This is another thing that this particular person does also.

Last edited by thealmightyme; 11-26-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added to quote.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
and all the 'I love my husband and kids!' posts are nauseating.
Haha, this totally. I post pictures of my children every so often for family and I keep up with my husbands family through his fb. There's one cousin who posts a "my family is awesome," "have you thanked God for xyz," and either a shopping trip or dinner update every single day, plus random bonuses like stuff her dog or neighbors did. Seriously?

I guess we all have our opinions about the proper use of Facebook.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have one friend that is constantly complaining about her 3 kids, how much they drive her nuts, how she can't wait to get a break, how she loves going to work so she can get away from them, etc, etc, and it really is sad.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I don't really take much that anyone says online seriously. About their kids or otherwise. Unless I know them IRL. And even then, rarely. It's just too easy to get behind a screen and forget you're talking to other real people, and not robots.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't like bashing of kids or husbands, or constantly complaining. I don't mind saying you love your kids or spouse daily, as it's nice to hear people say that.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote