Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only

The ones on CL are likely "fauxtographers." They are as I described above, the ones who buy a DSLR and go into bizzzzness within a month.
Yes exactly! Lol. It's like me with a fancy camera. Sure, I'd manage a couple good shots. But I have no idea what I'm doing. When I "edit," I just push buttons until it looks decent. Haha. So yeah, definitely don't want to pay $200 for that.

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is this price reasonable?

That's a high end price, but a quick glance at the website it looks like high end work. So if that's what you want and you have the money for it, it seems reasonable.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #13
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With the pics on the CD I would say that's about right.

We payed about $250 for a family shoot but without the pics included and spent about $250 on pics and the CD.

Just make sure you see her portfolio and like her style!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyCrazy
That's a high end price, but a quick glance at the website it looks like high end work. So if that's what you want and you have the money for it, it seems reasonable.

Sent from my droid
Old 11-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #15
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, no craigslist!! That seems high...BUT, she does have a very nice portfolio. That is a plus she is editing for you, but how many useable photos does she expect to have on the CD? (Especially with 1 hour). I would shop around a bit more! Do a google search...family photographers San Diego....see what you come up with. A good indicator of work quality is the quality of their website. I did a search myself and found several quality sites for a better price. That way, you can have more leverage to splurge on getting the photos mounted and framed because that is not cheap either!

Last edited by Steph Ed; 11-26-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #16
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've seen some beautiful work done by the kids at the arts college....for little more that cost...

It isn't bad for a reputable photographer though.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #17
Angel89411
Banned

Ours is $150 for sitting plus pictures, which are not cheap but its because of the materials used. That is about average in my area.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #18
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are they releasing rights on the portraits on the disc? If so, I would think that was a really good price since I have heard that that can be very expensive. If their total fee is for the session and the CD with rights released, I would say that is a very good price.

I didn't think photographers released the CDs often though. Maybe it varies by region.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #19
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi - She has beautiful photos on her blog. Oh.my.goodness, could that first wedding be any cuter!? I do think it's reasonable, esp. since you are getting the cd. When I was looking for a newborn photographer, I came across a great one who was charging a set fee (don't remember how much), plus $1600 for one image, $1800 if you buy 2 and so on. That, to me, is unreasonable!
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwakip
Are they releasing rights on the portraits on the disc? If so, I would think that was a really good price since I have heard that that can be very expensive. If their total fee is for the session and the CD with rights released, I would say that is a very good price.

I didn't think photographers released the CDs often though. Maybe it varies by region.
Yes, releasing all rights so I can print my own pictures.