Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
slyfoxy
Registered Users

Re: Am I the only one who gets ticked...

I've known of people that would do nothing but complain about mornin sickness even have heard some say now I wished never got pregnant as I hate been so sick. That just eats me up.

Then there is some that's not really complaining about being so sick it just seems that way.

When I was pregnant with our DD I had the worst morning sickness ever. Before I found out was pregnant I already had morning sickness which was bad an as the weeks went by I got even got worse. My doctor at first put me on Zofran for severe morning sickness didn't help so they tried phegran that didn't help either an I lost over 25lbs in the first tri an part of 2nd later I was so bad went to the hospital an had a IV put in due to being so sick. They told me I had the worst morning sickness a woman could ever have called HEG. Then they tried me on raglan an it helped a lot. IMO it was a miracle pill for me. I finally got were could eat again an drink then gained my weight back. I did tell many how sick I was but I wasn't complaining but I've been told already I maybe like that again which I know is hard but I know it's all worth it. I would never give up my babies at all. They're all worth the sickness...

Advertisement

slyfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
anrmom21
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
It bothers me but what bugs me more than anything is the ones that have only been trying to get pregnant for a few months. Then complain about how long it is taking to get pregnant. It took us 5 years and 3 losses to have our son.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DS Forum
anrmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #13
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ryan21
It bothers me but what bugs me more than anything is the ones that have only been trying to get pregnant for a few months. Then complain about how long it is taking to get pregnant. It took us 5 years and 3 losses to have our son.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DS Forum
I agree. My sister is 5 years older than me. No kids by choice. Last year they decided to 'try' aka go off BC. Month after month she had a pity party. Come to find out they had sex 1 time in 9 months. Her husband admitted and so did she! I called her out on it and was enraged. She still says 'I know you don't think we tried hard enough'

Omg. Talk about wanting to give her a lashing. So all this comes out on family vacation in march. So all us siblings told her she had to freaking have sex! So she did. Got preggo. So now it's been 8 months.. And that's the LAST time they did it.

At her shower, so many people came up to her 'I know you've wanted this baby so badly' wtf. Wanted? Really?? Tried hard?? Wth. While I secretly went to fertility doctors and suffered in silence. I still rage a lot about it. You are NOT trying if you have sex once a year. I am sorry.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

I agree. My sister is 5 years older than me. No kids by choice. Last year they decided to 'try' aka go off BC. Month after month she had a pity party. Come to find out they had sex 1 time in 9 months. Her husband admitted and so did she! I called her out on it and was enraged. She still says 'I know you don't think we tried hard enough'

Omg. Talk about wanting to give her a lashing. So all this comes out on family vacation in march. So all us siblings told her she had to freaking have sex! So she did. Got preggo. So now it's been 8 months.. And that's the LAST time they did it.

At her shower, so many people came up to her 'I know you've wanted this baby so badly' wtf. Wanted? Really?? Tried hard?? Wth. While I secretly went to fertility doctors and suffered in silence. I still rage a lot about it. You are NOT trying if you have sex once a year. I am sorry.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i agree it's tough but ya it does depend on who it is. If it's one of my TTC ladies who I know that has been struggling for awhile I don't really mind because while the last part of pregnancy was amazing the first 16 weeks or so were horrible. This summer I made it to 12 and I was fairly miserable but I didn't really complain too much and I cried when I did because I felt so guilty ha. I would do it a million times over though.

I have a few friends who complain about little things or have minimal symptoms and complain I just want to scream "WELL AT LEAST YOU CAN HAVE A BABY!" ha in my head and then I repent after but ya TTC with fertility issues sucks in general... made worse when it doesn't make sense and other just blink and that's that.

I actually had a patient last week NO JOKE who was 8 weeks along and terminated her last pregnancy because of morning sickness and she said she might "terminate" this one as well because she just didn't think she could handle being sick!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS LIVID!!!! I wanted to slap her and tell her how much money I spend at the RE that year just to be in her shoes.... or how many shots and US I had had. Her labs didn't even show she was dehydrated so I doubt she was really THAT sick but oh wow.... I was so annoyed and angry..... needless to say I wasn't very mean but I didn't go out of my way to be very friendly either. SERIOUSLY!!!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know how you feel, I was in your DDC and I think I should be too sick to eat anything right now. It is really rough. I had a tough thanksgiving with a friend's "girlfriend" who accidentally got pregnant 3 months after they started dating/met complaining/telling me how she was going to be a better parent than me because she isn't going to let her kids have any plastic toys.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #17
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
it doesnt mean they are not grateful to be pregnant. I personally am miserable with hyperemesis and yes, I do complain, but I wouldn't go back and NOT get pregnant. Whatever I have to do for my babies I will gladly do. It doesn't mean that you don't need to vent your misery once in a while though. It helps you to cope with your misery by talking to others about it.
This.

It took us 5 years, one MC, and 2 failed adoptions before we conceived our boys via IVF. We announced our pregnancy on Thanksgiving... I remember how miserably sick I was. Didn't help that the "best" nausea med they gave me contained Aspartame, which I'm allergic to (causes migraines and -wait for it- NAUSEA).

I complained ALL. THE. FREAKIN. TIME. about being sick. Our journey was long, and I'm grateful for my babies, but I have no guilt admitting that I HATE being pregnant. Absolutely detest it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblepurr View Post
Or when you hear a new little baby crying their heart out, and mom is not paying any attention or half-heartedly rocking the carseat. It just makes me ache inside.
Yes. A thousand times, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post

She sounds like a loon.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #18
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Well I struggled with losses and infertility and pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes and with most recent baby threw up for 24 weeks. And I complained. I am eternally grateful that I was able to have a second child but that doesn't mean I have to like throwing up so much I had bleeding fissures in my throat...
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #19
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves

This.

It took us 5 years, one MC, and 2 failed adoptions before we conceived our boys via IVF. We announced our pregnancy on Thanksgiving... I remember how miserably sick I was. Didn't help that the "best" nausea med they gave me contained Aspartame, which I'm allergic to (causes migraines and -wait for it- NAUSEA).

I complained ALL. THE. FREAKIN. TIME. about being sick. Our journey was long, and I'm grateful for my babies, but I have no guilt admitting that I HATE being pregnant. Absolutely detest it.

Yes. A thousand times, yes.

She sounds like a loon.
She really is. Lol! Love her but it's odd how much she enjoys attention. And doctors. Lol
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #20
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I can't say how I would feel if I had experienced a "real" loss, because my only loss was a chemical at 6 weeks.

However, it's disheartening when people "get mad" or "frustrated" with me for complaining. I don't do it often, and I will only complain if I am feeling REALLY bad. Morning sickness comes with the territory, but sometimes it can be really painful, uncomfortable, and miserable. There have been times that I have cried during this pregnancy because I've felt so awful.

P.S. I didn't read all of the replies, just thought I would respond.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote