Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
I can't say how I would feel if I had experienced a "real" loss, because my only loss was a chemical at 6 weeks.

However, it's disheartening when people "get mad" or "frustrated" with me for complaining. I don't do it often, and I will only complain if I am feeling REALLY bad. Morning sickness comes with the territory, but sometimes it can be really painful, uncomfortable, and miserable. There have been times that I have cried during this pregnancy because I've felt so awful.

P.S. I didn't read all of the replies, just thought I would respond.
You do realize that this area of the board is for women who are struggling (or have struggled) with achieving a sticky pregnancy? You may not like that it rips at their hearts to see women complain about common pregnancy symptoms but you don't need to pop in here where they should feel safe in venting while ttc.

Advertisement

Last edited by bumminbeachbabe; 11-29-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: to remove siggy
bumminbeachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #22
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one who gets ticked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
I can't say how I would feel if I had experienced a "real" loss, because my only loss was a chemical at 6 weeks.

However, it's disheartening when people "get mad" or "frustrated" with me for complaining. I don't do it often, and I will only complain if I am feeling REALLY bad. Morning sickness comes with the territory, but sometimes it can be really painful, uncomfortable, and miserable. There have been times that I have cried during this pregnancy because I've felt so awful.

P.S. I didn't read all of the replies, just thought I would respond.
Well, seeing you you have not struggled or experienced a "loss" which I take great offense to, you do realize that the women who are on this part of DS have struggled to get pregnant or to maintain a pregnancy, and I am one of those women.

Yes, it pisses me off greatly to hear women complain about morning sickness that is not HG, HG is something completely different IMO, and really bad, I watched SIL have it for her 3 pregnancies.

So to come on here and say that women "hurt" your feelings because they get ticked at others who are complaining about something they want to experience or still be having, ummm, that is completely insensitive. JMHO
Old 11-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #23
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ryan21 View Post
It bothers me but what bugs me more than anything is the ones that have only been trying to get pregnant for a few months. Then complain about how long it is taking to get pregnant. It took us 5 years and 3 losses to have our son.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DS Forum
This bothers me a lot more. It took us 7 years 4 months to conceive our youngest. When I ran of a floor at the hospita because a bad smell was on the verge of making me vomit I was so convinced I wasn't pregnant when asked if it was morning sickness I told them I couldn't have kids. I figured the smell was just particularly bad or I had the flu.

Now we are 10 months and counting if we don't count the 9 months before the return of pp ovulation.

I really get upset when women get pregnant just so they can stay on public aid. I personally knew a woman who after discovering he benefits given a single mother went and had 4 more kids. Then she pretty much left her mother and grandmother take over the care of the kids as she collected cash assistance, food stamps, rent assistance, plus help with her utilities. Everytime they tell her she needs to start looking for a job because she will soon get cut from cash assistance she gets pregnant again. Last I saw her she had five kids.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
You do realize that this area of the board is for women who are struggling (or have struggled) with achieving a sticky pregnancy? You may not like that it rips at their hearts to see women complain about common pregnancy symptoms but you don't need to pop in here where they should feel safe in venting while ttc.
I understand that. I was mainly talking about people in my personal life. I could have added that they treat me badly, not understanding that even though I did have a chemical, I STILL understand that feeling of loss. I can see both sides of it, but (personally speaking), it upsets me when people treat me badly because they don't like me complaining about not feeling well.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #25
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Okay, I guess I did a horrible job of explaining myself. I was speaking of women IRL that I know - friends, if you will. Two in particular. Nevermind. Forget my comment, please. Thanks.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #26
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
reading people complain about their morning sickness?? I've never been one to wallow in pity or dwell on things at all. And as a whole, I'm doing great. But any time I read complaints like that, it stings like crazy and all I can think is "I would give ANYTHING to have morning sickness right now!!"
You're right. However I think it's also wrong to just think because one had a hard time getting pregnant (and I most definitely qualify with multiple losses and 10 IVF tries!) one can never complain about feeling awful while pregnant. All my pregnancies have been hyperemesis ones and yes I do appreciate every single moment of being pregnant but honestly never complaining when you feel like death would be preferrable is unreasonable. And yet people around me expect it of me to just grin and bear it because 'I wanted this'. Of course I would never knowingly say a word of complaint to someone I know is struggling to conceive but like I said it would be nice if people around me (real live people that is) let me cry and say how bad I feel. This will be my last baby for multiple reasons and it makes me really sad that so far I have only been able to wish the pregnancy would go faster because I feel so awful. In a perfect world we'd all get pregnant first try with a sticky baby and there would be no hyperemesis.

Don't get me started on mistreating kids though-I do go off at that!!!!!!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #27
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I refuse to complain. It does beat the alternative.

Now someone I know who was hospitalized and needed a feeding tube bc of morning sickness? She can complain all she wants.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #28
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It is unreasonable to expect anyone to not complain at all during pregnancy. I get why people do b/c pregnancy can be tough. For some it's a harder road and that sucks. That said, it does irk me when people complain constantly. I know how much of a blessing pregnancy is and I am more than willing to take all the bad for my children. What gets me more is people complaining about their living children. I'd give anything for my daughter to be alive. Far too many people take their children for granted.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #29
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
it doesnt mean they are not grateful to be pregnant. I personally am miserable with hyperemesis and yes, I do complain, but I wouldn't go back and NOT get pregnant. Whatever I have to do for my babies I will gladly do. It doesn't mean that you don't need to vent your misery once in a while though. It helps you to cope with your misery by talking to others about it.
Agreed. I have type 1 diabetes so for me, morning sickness could possibly mean a trip to the hospital. It's happened before. But I'm still forever grateful for the pregnancies and resulting children, of course.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #30
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

I wish I could have the honour to be pregnant and feel those symptoms that women complain about on here. I just went through a loss, I was 12w and the baby had passed at 8w, I should have been due in July. I understand why some women complain about symptoms, sometimes they can be tough, but it is annoying to hear some constantly complain. Loss is so horribly painful and I would have given my right arm to feel sick and have back pain but still be pregnant. Loss makes you appreciate everything so much more.