Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesestrada
At some point were your babies able to tolerate dairy while still BFing? I already eliminate gluten and meat from my diet and adding dairy to this seems restrictive if it is for the whole BFing term.
Depends on the child. Dairy is a big one though.
It can be restrictive but it's completely worth it.

My older ds started to tolerate small amounts of dairy ingredients in things ( like whey protein) sometime around 10 months or so and out grew it mostly around 14-15 months. He can now eat cheese and yogurt but doesn't drink milk.

My dd at a year still reacts to even the smallest trace amount of dairy, beef, soy, nuts or eggs in my diet as well as hers.

Advertisement

Last edited by mommy24babes; 01-05-2013 at 07:55 PM.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
breebee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2
I cut out dairy I think around two weeks pp because LO was vomiting, had rashes and was wheezy. Now I'm trying to cut out soy which I'm finding harder. Even If I eat any manufactured bread or cold cuts my baby girl pukes has gross poops and is generally unhappy. There's just too much chance of cross contamination so I stay clear now especially after thanksgiving. I made my own dairy free stuffing and the baby got really sick. That or maybe my turkey had whey it and I didn't know. Some of the turkeys I saw had whey in them but the one I bought had natural flavoring whatever that is. I've learned that there's milk in things there it doesn't belong and you can't eat anything without reading all ingredients first. Also just because its lactose free doesn't mean it's dairy free and products don't always list milk and soy in bold print under allergies. My family doesn't understand. My mother in law told me just to buy premade pie crusts for thanksgiving when I told here I couldn't have butter. What does she thinks in the pillsburry lol. I was actually thinking it would be nice if we had some sort of elimination diet thread that was permanent here in the breast feeding support forum but I didn't know how to go about doing it. Oh also my favorite dairy free recipe resource is godairyfree.org and Wegmans has some good ideas to but you have to double check Wegmans because they're listed as lactose free.
I have a friend is planning on starting a support group for moms having to eliminate things from their diet. We are both dairy soy and egg free at the moment and she helped me get started as well as helped with meal suggestions.

Although my LOs symptoms were not as intense I recently eliminated dairy soy and eggs and it seems to be helping significantly. I suspect it is dairy but read something like 50% of babies with dairy sensitivity/allergy also have issue with soy so I cut both out to try to help my dd faster.
breebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
My boys are dairy free and I will be going dairy free before baby gets here. With two kids that tolerated no milk protein I'm not risking it with this one.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #24
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBooty
My boys are dairy free and I will be going dairy free before baby gets here. With two kids that tolerated no milk protein I'm not risking it with this one.
I did this as well the last time around. I cut all dairy at 37 weeks to give it time to clear my system.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #25
mrsbesky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dairy Elimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
I did this as well the last time around. I cut all dairy at 37 weeks to give it time to clear my system.
I hadn't thought that far ahead. Im thinking Id better do the same. DD2 didn't have the rashes or anything like that but if i had one bite of anything dairy she would vomit till her stomach was completly empty. We had to suppliment with formula a few times till the dairy was out of my system so she could nurse again.
She is now 5 and still can not tolerate dairy or soy, but can now tolerate things that are lactose free. If she has one bite of something thats not she will still vomit till her stomach is completly empty. If she takes lactade as soon as she eats it, she will simply have gross poop.
Its totaly worth the elimination!

thanks for the prepairing for next baby advice.
"The Lord is good a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knoweth them that trust in him" Nahum 1:7 Married to a wonderful man and mom of 4 princess angels: A(9) and K(6) (TJ my angel with Jesus ) and C(1)
mrsbesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #26
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
My kids it's the milk protein not the lactose. They have verified allergies to the protein. I decided to cut milk today so I can start saving the colostrum that's starting to leak on a couple weeks.

I have c-sections and my milk is always slow to come in so I would like an ounce or two of colostrum saved to take to the hospital if they insist on supplementing due to weight.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #27
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBooty
My kids it's the milk protein not the lactose. They have verified allergies to the protein. I decided to cut milk today so I can start saving the colostrum that's starting to leak on a couple weeks.

I have c-sections and my milk is always slow to come in so I would like an ounce or two of colostrum saved to take to the hospital if they insist on supplementing due to weight.
With mine it is milk protein as well.

I believe Lacoste intolerance in babies is extremely rare.

I was allergic to milk protein as a child. It caused me asthma attacks. My kiddos come by it naturally. I really hope they outgrow it.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #28
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by breebee

I have a friend is planning on starting a support group for moms having to eliminate things from their diet. We are both dairy soy and egg free at the moment and she helped me get started as well as helped with meal suggestions.

Although my LOs symptoms were not as intense I recently eliminated dairy soy and eggs and it seems to be helping significantly. I suspect it is dairy but read something like 50% of babies with dairy sensitivity/allergy also have issue with soy so I cut both out to try to help my dd faster.
A support group would be great. I tried starting a dairy free/ soy free recipe thread, but it didn't go very far. I think I might have to go egg free too. Something is still giving LO rashes. That or tuna fish. I ate eggs for breakfast the other day and tuna for lunch so I'm not sure what the culprit is. The Ped told me though that the egg issue could be caused from the chickens being fed soy. Ugh milk & soy are ruining my life. Not really though because this diet has helped my own IBS issue tremendously.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #29
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dairy Elimination

I would definitely be interested in a support thread for elimination diets. My LO still has eczema on his face and I've had a hard time eliminating stuff from my diet. I finally gave up chocolate but nothing has changed. I just hope I won't have to eat soup and quinoa all the time, like another person had posted And, I find that the my past pediatrician was not help at all in this matter- he just prescribed hydrocortisone to make the rash go away. How many days do I need to cut out diary before I can see the effects of it being eliminated from my diet? Some kind of elimination schedule would really help. Any suggestions?
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #30
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
It can take 2-3 weeks to get a food out of your system