Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Registered Users
Need a new washer and dryer

Hi! I'm sure this has been asked before so I'm sorry if it has.
We are moving into a new house and we need to get a new washer and dryer. Any recommendations for cloth friendly washers? Is it possible to get a high efficiency one and still be able to clean the diapers properly? Does anyone have any experience with one of the new top loading high efficiency ones?

Karabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Registered Users
Bump for you. I am not a machine expert, hope you get some good responses! So you have soft water at the new place?

If i was shopping for a new washer, I would be looking for ways I could easily customize my wash routine, like changing temp, pre-rinse option, spin speed controls, extra water feature, extra rinse option, stain treat, etc.
Maria, wife to David and stay-at-home-mama to four children.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
I have a samsung he top loader and i absolutely love it! I bought it just over a year ago and it works beautifully.
K, wife to my wonderful E, mom to my beautiful A. We are CDing, country living, outdoor loving, crazy happy family!
kkleinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Registered Users
I have a whirlpool top-loading he. I absolutely love it! I've had it for 3 years with no issues. I've been cding for 4 months and haven't had amy stinkies yet.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
My Mood:
Re: Need a new washer and dryer

I have an LG front loader with sanitary cycle and it is awesome for diapers- so easy!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Need a new washer and dryer

I have a Samsung front loader and love it. I DO NOT recommend Bosch - we had one and it was a total lemon.
Wapondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Registered Users
I have a front loading HE by whirlpool. It works great for diapers. I first do a cold rinse with no spin (if the diapers are really soiled or stained, I may do a soak in rockin green first, but this is not usually necessary), then I do a Whites cycle with hot wash cold rinse and extra rinse. Then I dry everything except my charlie banana pockets in the dryer on medium. The washer has a sanitary cycle but it uses super hot water and I'm worried about the longevity of my diapers if I wash them with super hot water (since all the instructions recommend a regular hot or warm wash).
Proud mommy to PJ, born 6/23/2012 and CR, born 8/11/2014 , wife to CE, since 9/20/08
rooster2012 is offline   Reply With Quote