Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: How big of a family

As a teen I wanted a large family (6-8). As a working adult paying bills, I said maybe 3.
After our issues getting pregnant at all, I was quite satisfied with 1.

When DS quit nursing, DH and I decided we'd stop preventing for a couple years and see if a 2nd ever happened. We set a deadline that if we weren't pregnant by a certain date, we'd be happy as our little family of 3. Two months of NTNP later, we were pregnant (huge shock after 3 years of unexplained infertility the first time).

So, we are now done with 2 (when this one arrives). Finances dictate that 2 is really our limit and I worry about being able to divide my time/attention between more than 2 kids and DH.

Married since 2002, Mama to DS1 since 03/2010 and DS2 since 06/2013. We BF, ERF, and CD. Always missing our little angels: 05/09 and 09/12.
kanga1622 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by marliah
We just let God decide then we don't even have to think about it
Misty=Follower of Christ, homeschool, QF momma to 9 AND helpmeet to my best friend::
mvp529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
Registered Users

I always wanted 4 and DH wanted 3. I love big families, they're beautiful (but we do consider finances when deciding). With that said though, I try not to plan too much because sometimes you don't always get what you want. I just had a loss, I should have been due with my second in July. This was totally unexpected as I am quite young and this was only my second pregnancy. So I guess my point is just that I don't want to assume I'll be able to have as many children as I plan, I want to leave it in God's hands.
Happily married to my first love . SAHM to 2 sweet boys and 1 sweet girl. Missing my 8 week angel.
*TinyJoys* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
Registered Users
Originally Posted by marliah
We just let God decide then we don't even have to think about it

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse the autocorrect craziness.
Wife to Kevin (10/21/06) SAHM to Mary-Grace (3/21/11) after years of infertility , Hannah (3/23/12) , and Jude (2/13/14)
HisGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

My husband and I both are from match set, I have a brother and he a sister. We are also both the youngest. We always said 2. After 1 we had trouble deciding if we wanted to go through with another. But we decided it was for the best. We will be getting permanent BC after #2 that is it.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #26
Registered Users
My Mood:

When my SO and I got together he said he wanted a lot of kids and I said 1, maybe 2. Then after a couple years I started thinking 3, then 4. After DS was born my number jumped to 6. I'm honestly not sure how many SO truly wants. He recently surprised me by saying he was ready to NTNP again. I think he'l be happy with 5 or 6. I could always get to 3 or 4 and decide I'm done though. Who knows!
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
And my vintage shop!
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #27
Registered Users
My Mood:
I always wanted 4, dh wanted 1 ( I'm pretty sure he was just trying to bug me because I wanted a big family) once we really got down to trying for a family our lives had changed, we were really out going and loved to travel, and we wanted to continue that. We decided 2 children and 2 parents would work out well for that life style. Plus we didn't want to be struggling too much financially, and still wanted a few luxuries, and we wanted me to be able to stay home with the kids. Dh had 3 kids in his family and hated it, he goes on and on about how someone was alway left out. (Not always the case, but it wss a big issue for him) And one last point that DH likes to bring up is that all the "family" passes and discounts are for families of 4 lol.

But if we didn't want to travel, made more money, etc. I'd love to have 6-8, lol, I love being pregnant and being surrounded by little ones.
Jenna - wife to Harrison since 2007, and proud mama to miss Matilda Quinn(Sept-06-11) and mr Felix Byron (May-25-13)

Last edited by jennayoung99; 01-16-2013 at 12:45 PM.
jennayoung99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #28
Registered Users

We were convicted shortly after getting married about viewing children as God views them and not as the culture views them and chose to NTNP. We have one ten month old little boy right now and am hoping to conceive again soon, but we will see what happens. We hope for a "large" family but just because we don't prevent doesn't mean we will have a dozen kids, it is on God's hands. If I were to pick a number I think I would like 7.
MrsTWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #29
Registered Users
My Mood:
We don't believe in conventional birth control. Makes it easy. We use nfp to tta when timing is less than ideal.

That said, I would be very sad if I ended up with fewer than 4 children. And no matter what happens, we plan to foster further down the road.
Emma H&T Mama to Faolan 6/7/12 & Malachy 1/29/14
Mary born into heaven at 14 weeks
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #30
Registered Users
My Mood:
We always said we would just know when we felt done. So after every birth we have just prayed for a peace. God will let us know when the timing is right.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
Wife to 1 SeventhtimeMomma to:
N 7-01, L 12-02, B 7-05, J 2-07, L 12-08, S 10-10, and Q 5-29-12
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote