Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #131
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: December Use Your Stash Game See and Share Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelinoad View Post
fawnlovesjasper, i LOVE that sewing machine!!
Thank you... Me too!! He was so worried I wouldn't like it... I had no clue I was getting it. It has some of the coolest feet on earth with it. I'm waiting on a new belt for it since the one that was on it was so brittle it broke before hubby even got to give it to me.. I'm dying to play with it!!!

Thank you 3boys_mom. I have friends telling me it's time to start selling, really thinking about it, I really love making them. I would have to make like 3 outfits that match so DD could have one and I could sell the duplicates...lol.

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #132
3boys_mom
Registered Users

And the sewing machine is awesome too!

I like what you've come up with...maybe it's worth trying (to sell them).
Old 12-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #133
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The new belt came today for my treadle machine!!!! I didn't have plans to sew, in fact I had hubby bring me the totes for the tree ornaments, but once I got that belt on I had to cut something out to sew on the machine. This is done completely on the treadle! The only thing I find a PIA on the treadle is that you have to spin the work twice at the start and stop to lock your stitches, you can't sew backwards on it. Not a problem with dolly clothes though, they are small and easy to spin around.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #134
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow that is awesome!

Here is my shirt. I chickened out and did the seams on the inside where they are supposed to be lol

Attachment 128509

I made it using the 90 minute shirt tutorial. Sadly my pattern needs much tweaking.

Last edited by adjroberts; 05-13-2013 at 04:31 PM.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #135
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnlovesjasper
The new belt came today for my treadle machine!!!! I didn't have plans to sew, in fact I had hubby bring me the totes for the tree ornaments, but once I got that belt on I had to cut something out to sew on the machine. This is done completely on the treadle! The only thing I find a PIA on the treadle is that you have to spin the work twice at the start and stop to lock your stitches, you can't sew backwards on it. Not a problem with dolly clothes though, they are small and easy to spin around.
Awesome you have a treadle machine!! I have always wanted my great grandmother's but my aunt won't give it to me. She wants to give it to her DIL who has never sewn a thing in all her life! Sigh... I'm not fighting that fight!

I love the dolly clothes!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #136
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
Wow that is awesome!

Here is my shirt. I chickened out and did the seams on the inside where they are supposed to be lol

Attachment 128509

I made it using the 90 minute shirt tutorial. Sadly my pattern needs much tweaking.
I think it turned out great!!

Lou, I would be pissed.. but then I would get over it and hit some antique malls and find one of your very own I'm really enjoying playing with this already and I haven't even tried the ruffling foot or any of the hemming feet or the binding foot. Tomorrow is another day. I cut out an outfit to put together on it tomorrow
Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #137
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnlovesjasper View Post
I think it turned out great!!

Lou, I would be pissed.. but then I would get over it and hit some antique malls and find one of your very own I'm really enjoying playing with this already and I haven't even tried the ruffling foot or any of the hemming feet or the binding foot. Tomorrow is another day. I cut out an outfit to put together on it tomorrow
I love the shirt too!!

Yes, life is too short to be pissed about a sewing machine!! When we lived in Morocco there were awesome machines like yours everywhere in the medinas... When I manage to save up some money, I will have one. Necessities are a priority, but after five long years, we're finally getting to the point that we can even think & hope for things like this again... it is on my wish list for sure!!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #138
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks guys! It turned out ok-ish, its just that it's too big/doesn't fit him right.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #139
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He'll grow

Here is today's dolly outfit. It's all don on the old machine except the velcro, the treadle doesn't like velcro very well.

Want to try to do a barbie outfit or two for the something small, but right now my head is throbbing and I just don't want to.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #140
3boys_mom
Registered Users

That is too precious! I love the prints you've paired.
since dd got a different size Dolly for Christmas I am looking into patterns again and want to make some clothes...someday lol.