Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #161
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

Amber- It really depends on why you are loosing weight. I lost 25 lbs in my first tri, due to constant throwing up and not eating. That was not good, and I was pretty sick from it. BUT even still my dr. was not super worried because I started gaining again in the second tri, and gained back all 25 plus 25 more so my ending weight was only 25 lbs higher than pre pregnancy. And considering I had an 11lb 7 oz kid, I wasn't starving him! I think there concern is when you limit calories and don't get enough nutrition on purpose. So as long as you are eating what you can and it is nutrient dense foods it shouldn't be a problem. If you are worried about it, keep a food log and show the midwife what you are eating so she doesn't worry.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #162
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi mamas! Nothin going on here at all. Still back and forth between 190-193. I will be back with results in January
Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #163
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy
Hi mamas! Nothin going on here at all. Still back and forth between 190-193. I will be back with results in January
You and I are in the same boat. Looking forward to January.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #164
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2

You and I are in the same boat. Looking forward to January.
Me too. December has been really hard for me with birthdays, holiday parties, and then Christmas at my house complete with a fridge full of yummy and fattening leftovers.

Ready to just get a fresh start and get back on plan.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #165
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I have no idea where I am weightwise. Probably where I always am. Now that the holidays are almost over and I just have New Years to deal with, I am going to work on cutting out the soda this next week and cut back on the refined sugar. I am going to do a modified Makers Diet when DH leaves in February, in order to help reset my body, but am going to go ahead beforehand and at least cut back on what I have to cut out (refined sugar and grains, mainly).
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #166
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies! Hope you all had a good holiday.

We travelled and ate out a lot. I tried to pick healthier things but I did put on some pounds. Not too much and it is probably mostly water weight. I'm still using my elliptical every other day and I'm back to eating Paleo/Primal today.

Amber, I cannot have dairy, either. I had been dairy free for 3 weeks or so before Christmas and I decided it would be okay for me to have 2 sugar cookies with buttercream frosting since it was the holiday. It made me so so so sick that I missed the first couple hours of Christmas morning because I couldn't leave the bathroom. Ugh. Also, I have always lost weight while pregnant. I tend to have major food aversions and I am also more cautious about sugar consumption so I have always lost. I think I lost 20lbs in the 1st trimester last time and then slowly gained about 12lbs back in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. My midwives were not concerned because they knew I was still eating and getting the calories/nutrients I needed. With my DS1 I lost 20lbs and did not gain anything back, gave birth to an 11lb baby plus lost the water weight and everything else so after he was born I was 40lbs lighter than pre-pregnancy!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #167
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As soon as all of the company trickles out, I am back to paleo. It is so difficult when everyone wants to order a pizza, or take you out to dinner at a fantastic pub, or send you to the movies to see The Hobbit on the first date you've had for over a year LOL.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #168
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Your name: becky
Starting Weight: 210ish give or take, im not weighing myself because im freaked out.
Current Weight: same
Short-Term Goal: 186 by valentine's day (my first twin's second birthday, my pre preg weight from the twins)
Long-Term Goal: 155
Weight Lost to Date: zip
Weight Loss Plan: exercise and calorie reduction. im still bf'ing and have a HARD time limiting myself. thinking of re-doing the c25k program since ive done it in the past and know i can.

i am really the biggest ive ever been un-pregnant and each time i start some new 'plan' i end up gaining more after losing a few lbs and i am terrified...im really trying to focus on WHY i eat and drink what i do (i love beer and wine a LOT) so i can hopefully alter my triggers and start eating and drinking for health and not emotional comfort.

my husband is also pretty freaking obese and im worried about him and really want to give our kids a better example of health. ive always been more than a little active and am in pretty ok shape, strengthwise...so here we go.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #169
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Welcome Becky! You've definitely found the right group! I recently lost quite a bit of weight but still have some to go. My main focus now is getting to be more active. We live really close to a great state park so I've convinced DH to hit the trails with me this next week! When I lost my weight, DH seemed to gain it and is closing in on 300lbs now. He recently had a scare that we thought might be a heart attack and he spent 6 hours in observation at the ER. Thankfully it was not a heart attack but the reality set in for both of us and now we are working on being healthy/active together. I really want to set a good example for our kiddos, too.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #170
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am back to 212-- so only up 3lbs now. I have cut dairy back and cut the grains back down again. So I am down 3.5lb from when I was at the doc two weeks ago. Some is probably water fluctuation too, but I feel better now LOL <3

Smoothies for snack later, and I am really looking forward to it.