Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #31
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

Starting Weight Unsure, size 20
Long-Term Goal size 8
Weight Loss Plan, low carb for Dec. start HCG in Jan and stay until the weight is gone. i project i will be at goal by june.

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post

I'm not counting calories (focus on carbs) but I'm thinking ill start writing everything I eat down. I'm still nursing and even though I know only need like 300 extra calories I always feel like I'm starving it doesn't matter what I eat- protein, whole grains, veggies, etc I'm ALWAYS hungry.
I was feeling like this too, my DD is 7 weeks old and nursing too. The best tips I have for you are...

1) Eat before you get hungry! This is the only way I can really control what I'm eating. I have to keep an eye on the clock like I do with baby, and after about 3 hours (even when I'm not hungry), I chose what I'm going to eat and then go eat it - and write it down. That way I am in control instead of being half crazy because I'm hungry. Also, that way when baby inevitably wakes up when I'm ready to eat, I'm not starving!

2) Make sure your plate is 1/2 veggies every time! You might want to make sure and eat the veggies first, so that way you can stop eating the higher calorie stuff when you're not hungry instead of not eating the veggies.

3) If you're hungry, eat - but make sure it's fruits and veggies with a little protein, don't go grabbing for carbs! (I am usually very guilty of this, but since I have made the decision to eat more often and decide what I'm going to eat instead of just grabbing food, I am doing a lot better)

That's basically what I'm focusing on and I can tell you that I feel a lot better and I'm not hungry all the time anymore! Success!!
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #33
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, so this week has been awful in regards to weightless. I haven't gained anything, but I haven't been working out at all, have slept weird, and my eating has been terrible. I have easily kept in range for calories, but have eaten way to much junk in the process.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #34
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

3 1/3 hour root canal anyone? They broke my tooth and my existing crown. Apparently my roots aren't straight (whatever that means!) and the infection was so bad they had a hard time getting it all out. I'm pretty sure I heard my VERY overly happy dentist swear through the earphones I was wearing to watch TV. And after being at the dentist from 10:30 am to 5 pm with only a 1 hour break, I got to go finish out parent teacher conference at school. I would ask can this day get any worse, but I'm scared that if I do, the answer will be yes. And then to make matters worse I was so hungry by the time all was said and done I ate two pieces of cream pie because it was the only thing to eat in the faculty room. And then came home and scarfed left over ribs and potatoes and a roll that one of the other teachers had grabbed me from our Faculty Christmas lunch. Oi, as if the fact that I"m laying in bed in to much pain to sleep wasn't enough I'm also in a food overloaded stomach ache situation and I'm light headed from all the sugar. Ugg.... hoping I feel better soon.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #35
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Slimy- ugh that sucks! Sorry mama!!

Kimmie- good job on the goal!!

Mipiccolli- yep- that's exactly where I fail- all 3 points I did buy chicken breasts and salads (which I hate but will do) for lunches this week and doing slimfast for breakfast (not the healthiest but works for me), and bought healthier snacks today for the next 2 weeks- NO junk food this shopping trip! And I weighed again and I'm thinking maybe my first weigh was funky cause its showing 244.5 instead of 250 (on Monday). Oh and I took your advice tallavnor and bought a bpa free 32 oz travel mug. It's thermos so keeps cold and it'll be mine- no nasty kid germs :P. sorry- my 3 and 4 yr olds are slobbery
Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #36
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

Erin,
Nice work on the changes that you've made - grocery shopping the right way can make or break my week it seems. (and I have to go today, so wish me luck!) I'm glad you're weight seems to make more sense, it's amazing how much power the number on the scale has for me, if it drops I am super motivated to keep going, but if it doesn't seem to change it makes me want to throw in the towel. I just have to keep reminding myself how it really takes a while (like a few weeks) for the changes to show up on the scale.

Keep at it! And I will too.

BTW, I'm at 218.6 today (I was 255 about a year and a half ago, got down to 195, got pregnant, am 8 weeks pp and finally able to get back to weight loss!)
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #37
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
3 1/3 hour root canal anyone? They broke my tooth and my existing crown. Apparently my roots aren't straight (whatever that means!) and the infection was so bad they had a hard time getting it all out. I'm pretty sure I heard my VERY overly happy dentist swear through the earphones I was wearing to watch TV. And after being at the dentist from 10:30 am to 5 pm with only a 1 hour break, I got to go finish out parent teacher conference at school. I would ask can this day get any worse, but I'm scared that if I do, the answer will be yes. And then to make matters worse I was so hungry by the time all was said and done I ate two pieces of cream pie because it was the only thing to eat in the faculty room. And then came home and scarfed left over ribs and potatoes and a roll that one of the other teachers had grabbed me from our Faculty Christmas lunch. Oi, as if the fact that I"m laying in bed in to much pain to sleep wasn't enough I'm also in a food overloaded stomach ache situation and I'm light headed from all the sugar. Ugg.... hoping I feel better soon.
What a sucktastic day. You deseve a break. I hope you feel better and drink a ton of water today.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #38
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I gained three lbs since yesterday. How is that even possible? Do pain killers and novacain make you gain weight?
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #39
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
I gained three lbs since yesterday. How is that even possible? Do pain killers and novacain make you gain weight?
Not sure but maybe retain water?

Today I finally broke out of the 190s! Was 189 this morning and was trying all of November to get there it was just back and forth with vacation and then thanksgiving. I know it isn't official until Tuesday's weigh in but was very happy this morning!!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #40
Chasing Zen
Registered Users
Formerly: ccsmom11
seller

My Mood:

Back again

Name: Jeanie
Starting weight: 245
Current weight: 239 (lost this weight by giving up coffee and soda 2 weeks ago)
Small goal: 200 by March
Long term goal: 160 by July (DH's class reunion back in his hometown, I didn't go to mine this year because I felt too self conscious about my weight and would like to attend his with him).
Ultimate goal: 140
Plan: 30 Day Shred, clean eating, drinking lots of water