Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
PP Bleeding

This whole post is going to be TMI, sorry, but there's no way to ask without being too informative.

With my DS1 I don't even remember bleeding afterwards. But with DS2 I've been bleeding like a mad woman. Now my issue is that it lightened up (became brown), almost completely stopped and DH and I had sex. The bleeding started back up, this time RED. Then that tapered off and completely stopped and we had sex again, and since then I haven't stopped having red blood. It's not excessive, but kind of regular throughout the day. Not enough that I am concerned with hemorrhaging, no clots etc. I'm 5 weeks PP and I am wondering when this will end. I am EBF and I doubt it's my period because it's been doing this for a few weeks. I keep hesitating to buy more absorbent pads because I bought a HUGE pack of panty liners and money is tight. (I had recently started ordering mama cloth though).

Should I be concerned?

Advertisement

halielise924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
Amaggiepie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: PP Bleeding

This has been happening to me, too. I asked my mama friends and they said it's normal. I'm 6 weeks PP today and just stopped my third round of bleeding 2 days ago. Hoping it stays away now.
Amaggiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Blah! At least this time I lost a bunch of weight haha
halielise924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine stopped and started until 7 weeks with all 3 kids. I kept thinking it would be over for a day and then it would come back with a vengeance. You're healing, and I heard it can be directly related to how active you are, but in my case it doesn't really matter what I do, it just happens that way every time.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
mammacandoit
Registered Users
seller

not that this would help you now....but I wonder: did you have bedrest after birth for a few days? Have you been taking it easy or living life like normal? Have you used any herbal baths? You said you've been using cloth....but were you using it mostly NOW or the whole postpartum time? Were you gentle with husband?
Getting ready for my baby to come any day and I am just curious.

mammacandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacandoit
not that this would help you now....but I wonder: did you have bedrest after birth for a few days? Have you been taking it easy or living life like normal? Have you used any herbal baths? You said you've been using cloth....but were you using it mostly NOW or the whole postpartum time? Were you gentle with husband?
Getting ready for my baby to come any day and I am just curious.
Well I had a uti, turns out, so I wasn't up to full speed. But I took it pretty easy, I didn't feel overworked. I'm still bleeding 7+ weeks out now. I guess I got my postpartum period? I don't know, I'm tired of it. Doctor didn't seem concerned

I have been eating like a cow, and had some cramping that indicates period.

Also every time DH and I have had sex, I don't bleed that night and until the next evening and then it starts again.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #7
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine stopped and started for a little while and we weren't even having sex. You might just need to wait a little longer. I stopped bleeding for good around week six.
Namiko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Mine was on and off at the 6 week mark. Panty liners and pads were super irritating to my skin and the lochia was really just on and off. Just enough to ruin undies. I bought a bunch of black undies at Ross and stopped wearing liners. It was much more comfy and less pricy than mama cloth.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Turns out I have a painful mass on my ovary (size of a golf ball). So this may be why everything has been so weird for me.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

I'm sorry to hear about the mass. Praying it resolves quickly.

I have bleeding for.ev.er it seems after a baby. I have learned that I get a 6 wk bleed that I think could be a first ppaf, but it never is. Bfing usually is regulated at that 6 wk mark and I think that might play into it.

It helps me to remember that the area where the placenta attached in your uterus is now basically a large wound. It takes quite a bit of time for that to heal. When you think of how big of an area that covers and then your uterus shrinks down, it probably covers the whole inside! If we could see how large of a wound it is, we probably wouldn't push getting back to 'normal' so fast.