Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More week of December 3rd

amy- me too.... thinking about you. hugs

tina- that is annoying. pooey. hopefully you can get your cycle figured out soon.

Kelsie-sounds promising

Mel: thats no fun poor little man and momma

AFM: Beta today 367!! cmon baby... keep on keeping on.

this pregnancy so far is almost exactly like ds this summer... numbers looking good and he was perfect with good growth hoping that the lovenox does the trick and can keep this sweet baby safe. praying like a mad woman over here.

Advertisement

lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

3 1/3 hour root canal anyone? They broke my tooth and my existing crown. Apparently my roots aren't straight (whatever that means!) and the infection was so bad they had a hard time getting it all out. I'm pretty sure I heard my VERY overly happy dentist swear through the earphones I was wearing to watch TV. And after being at the dentist from 10:30 am to 5 pm with only a 1 hour break, I got to go finish out parent teacher conference at school. I would ask can this day get any worse, but I'm scared that if I do, the answer will be yes. It's been a craptastic day. I was suppose to be gone from school for 2 hours, and ended up being gone 7 hours! YIKES! I kept having to text someone at the school to let them know what was going on. It was awful!
So on a fertility note:
I really need to work up the courage to call the high risk OB. New people scare me, new drs scare me worse. The RE wants me to go see him because of how many losses I've had and I'm dragging my feet. I don't know why, I desperately want this to work but I'm scared of this step. Going to the RE was equally scarey but my OB INSISTED it was time and I needed to go see him. And now I'm glad but I'm right back at being scared of a new dr. I need to get my rear in gear and make the phone call.

Last edited by slimy72; 12-05-2012 at 08:31 PM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

slimy, I hope it goes well with the high risk on, what is you guys plan right now?

Thanks for thinking of me, this is so hard emotionally, ugh and I'm still just spotting, I wish I could just pass everything and move on. I emotionally am struggling with work but I am also not wanting to take time off if I am going to be in pain later and not be able to work, kwim? I tried to go for a beta today but the lab closed early, so I'm going tomorrow, I'm hoping my numbers are pretty low, I just want this over.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #14
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
slimy, I hope it goes well with the high risk on, what is you guys plan right now?

Thanks for thinking of me, this is so hard emotionally, ugh and I'm still just spotting, I wish I could just pass everything and move on. I emotionally am struggling with work but I am also not wanting to take time off if I am going to be in pain later and not be able to work, kwim? I tried to go for a beta today but the lab closed early, so I'm going tomorrow, I'm hoping my numbers are pretty low, I just want this over.
I know exactly what you mean. Every time I find out it's going south I just want it to be over now. I have worked through all but two of my M/C because it was better for me emotionally to not be at home by myself. One happened while at work and I was in so much pain that I had to call DH and a girl from my office from the bathroom to come and carry me out to the car (this was before I was teaching and I worked as a secretary in an office). I was 12 weeks on that one, and then this last one I didn't work through (well I did work making salsa at home but I didn't go to school) because I emotionally needed a break and my mom was here so I didn't have to be home alone. Although they can be painful (physically) it's not always so bad that you can't keep moving through it. I've been at school teaching through two of them and my kids had no clue that something was wrong because when I"m in my class room I'm in the "zone". But I understand what you mean, I hate taking time off for fear there will be something worse coming and I need to save my leave for it. You just have to take it one day at a time and do what is right for you. Everyone goes through this process differently and needs different things. Please just take care of yourself and do the things you need to get through.

As for the plan, I am suppose to go meet with the high risk folks, then have endo surgery again with my regular ob then when I get the go ahead we start IUI cycles with inject able meds to try and speed things up. Right now though, we are taking an emotionally needed break from things. I'm trying to get my appointments lined up, but I need a break from actual treatment to feel mentally prepared to go at this again. I'm still not feeling ready to jump back in since my loss in Sept. this one is taking a long time for me to recover emotionally from. But I'm starting to get there.

Last edited by slimy72; 12-05-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I am ok in the classroom but by about lunch I'm just exhausted so I think I'm going to work until lunch tomorrow and play it by ear on Friday. I wish I had a job that was more like not interacting with people because that would be easier, (I love my job, but it's hard sometimes to hold it together and I have to) I just wish people would stop asking me if I'm ok. I know they mean well but it bugs me that so many people I didn't tell know what happened and it just upsets me. Plus what do you say? No I'm not ok, I just lost the baby I've waited 3.5 years to conceive and I'm not sure if I will ever conceive again, and now I'm facing more medical procedures and meds and its all very expensive, so no, I'm not ok.

Sorry I know I sound like a whiny b**** I'm not sure when I'll be ready to try again. I wanted to try again right away but I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready for an iui yet. I am wondering if we should try on our own for a while, b
I don't know. Sigh.

Sorry I feel like I'm totally clogging the thread with my rankings

Liesl, I'm praying for you and your bean. Your betas look great!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Good luck Kelsie!

Mel-ugh on the possible whooping cough :-(

Laurel-sorry about the dentist. OUCH. I dread going to mine-I just know the hyperemesis has shot more teeth (every child so far meant 8-10 fillings and a root canal or 2). Prayers for courage in calling the Dr.

Amy continued prayers. I have got to say that once I knew the pregnancies were doomed I like the D&Cs because it made things be over with quickly and easily physically. I found it more than just a bit annoying to still have pregnancy symptoms after baby has passed. (and with my first loss I still had HG even after the last of the triplets had no hb anymore)

Liesl hope you have a sticky take home baby there!!! I was on Lovenox too for the first 12w of this pregnancy (just a precaution because of my many losses). Well worth it but the bruises are still something else!
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #17
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
Yeah I am ok in the classroom but by about lunch I'm just exhausted so I think I'm going to work until lunch tomorrow and play it by ear on Friday. I wish I had a job that was more like not interacting with people because that would be easier, (I love my job, but it's hard sometimes to hold it together and I have to) I just wish people would stop asking me if I'm ok. I know they mean well but it bugs me that so many people I didn't tell know what happened and it just upsets me. Plus what do you say? No I'm not ok, I just lost the baby I've waited 3.5 years to conceive and I'm not sure if I will ever conceive again, and now I'm facing more medical procedures and meds and its all very expensive, so no, I'm not ok.

Sorry I know I sound like a whiny b**** I'm not sure when I'll be ready to try again. I wanted to try again right away but I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready for an iui yet. I am wondering if we should try on our own for a while, b
I don't know. Sigh.

Sorry I feel like I'm totally clogging the thread with my rankings

Liesl, I'm praying for you and your bean. Your betas look great!
I totally understand. I only told two teachers and specifically asked them not to say anything. One is like a mom to me and she actually figured it out on her own and showed up on my doorstep at home with dinner the last time. And the other one is a really good friend who has been through it herself (many years ago) and she is the kind soul that picks up my kid from daycare for me if I have to be at an appointment. So she had been taking him home from school for me to go have all my betas and such so I didn't have to take him along and could shelter him. I did have to ask them to please stop peeking in my room while I was teaching because I couldn't handle it. But I know they mean well and were worried. And no worries, you clog whatever thread you feel like you need to right now!

Liesl- hoping for a sticky bean.

Mel- Yuck, good luck!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So question for those that work and have had a loss, did your work give you bereavement for your loss? I'm debating on whether to contact my hr person as I ended up leaving today and I don't know if ill make it to work tomorrow ( I feel really crappy). I just don't want to use up all my sick leave because dh doesn't have much and I worry if my kids get sick.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't but I also haven't ever wanted to tell anyone why I was taking off. I did wonder about using emergency leave though as they don't ask what you are using it for. If you don't mind them knowing it can't hurt to ask.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc
So question for those that work and have had a loss, did your work give you bereavement for your loss? I'm debating on whether to contact my hr person as I ended up leaving today and I don't know if ill make it to work tomorrow ( I feel really crappy). I just don't want to use up all my sick leave because dh doesn't have much and I worry if my kids get sick.
I got three days (loss of a child), BUT I work in a Catholic school and life begins at Conception. I don't think it's an official policy, it was just something nice my boss did for me. I tend to think it would look kinda shady if they DIDNT, considering their stance and all on the subject.

Maybe you could ask? Ask a woman, if possible- men don't get it at all.

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote