Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Would it bother you if baby was born on dh's x birthday?

I would almost want it to be because then the x would be completely overshadowed, you know? kicked off the calendar, in a way.

if baby comes the day before or after, won't make too much difference though 'the day after x's birthday'. No, I think I'd prefer the day of the x's birthday so it just takes over

but ideally.. neither of those options.

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My sister that my mother had with my stepdad was born in my bio dad's birthday. I don't think it ruffled any feathers, it was just kind of funny.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #13
mama2myangels09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My youngest was born on mine and my ex husband's anniversary. (She's not his) I wasn't really happy about it at first, but now I don't care.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #14
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

My DH was previously married and I must be the odd ball out because I have absolutely no clue when his XW's birthday is....nor would I have ever cared enough to ask. I guess if that was our baby's DD, he might have mentioned it. If he was smart he wouldn't though...LOL

Anyway, no it wouldn't bother me. What bothers me more is that my cousins daughter was born on the same day, and as such, everyone seems to think we are going to throw a big joint birthday party each year. Uh. NO.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

I don't even KNOW what her birthday is, much less care. And if my baby was born on her bday, like a pp said, I know that would be totally overshadowed.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
Belbaby3728
Banned

Not entirely the same, but my dd was born on my sisters bday, which is also my moms boyfriends bday (of 14 years)- 12/26. Sisters dd's bday is 12/25...it's a hectic couple days in our family!
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It would depend on how new mine and Dhs relationship was after a 13 yr marriage. If it was pretty fresh and he had ties with her(like children, etc...) it might bother me but otherwise, I agree with it overshadowing that day with a child's bday
My dd was due on Dec 5th and born on the 13th. I had hoped for her to have her own day, I have cousins with bdays on the 2nd and 8th.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It would depend on how new mine and Dhs relationship was after a 13 yr marriage. If it was pretty fresh and he had ties with her(like children, etc...) it might bother me but otherwise, I agree with it overshadowing that day with a child's bday
My dd was due on Dec 5th and born on the 13th. I had hoped for her to have her own day, I have cousins with bdays on the 2nd and 8th.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #19
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I wouldn't worry about it too much. My little brother (2 yrs younger) and I share a birthday and it's 5 days after Christmas. We joked about being slighted, but really we never knew any different. Now I'm preggo with my first, due 4 days before my b-day, the day after Christmas. This kid might have to share with me and his uncle or Christmas or New Years or one of the holiday Eves. Again, he won't know any different. Make a big deal out of baby's big day, no matter when it is and I'm sure any shared Bday won't matter too much!

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
My DH was previously married and I must be the odd ball out because I have absolutely no clue when his XW's birthday is....nor would I have ever cared enough to ask. I guess if that was our baby's DD, he might have mentioned it. If he was smart he wouldn't though...LOL

Anyway, no it wouldn't bother me. What bothers me more is that my cousins daughter was born on the same day, and as such, everyone seems to think we are going to throw a big joint birthday party each year. Uh. NO.
I wouldn't care but that's because dates hold no significance for me. I even have a hard time remembering DHs birthday. I think my perspective is unusual though.