Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Registered Users
How to fluff up my MF??

Hi everyone! So I just bought some Best Bottom stay dry inserts on FSOT (yay!) and they are sooo soft and fluffy!! In comparison mine are flat and a little scratchy/rough. These new ones are so thick.

Question is: Do you think they are thick and fluffy because of wash routine or maybe they are just newer than mine? I don't use bleach very much, maybe once a month at most. I also throw some Dawn in once a month or so. I never have problems with stink or anything. I pre-rinse with vinegar then use tide free and gentle powder, hot wash and cold rinse. My dipes get very clean but my MF persists in being flat. Oh and I dry on Hot.

Any suggestions?? I have tried other detergents in the past (been CD'ing for 20 months) and none have worked as well as Tide has.

mskalinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Registered Users
I have newer Flip stay dry inserts and Flip inserts that have seen better days.. Honestly, I think it's just their age. I have the same wash routine as you except I use Tide F&G liquid. I never tried to fluff up the older inserts because I just assumed that's why they were the way they were - because they were older.
Maybe someone else has a different approach besides "that's just how it is"?
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Registered Users
I'm curious if age is the problem too? I'd love to here from someone it isn't, they are so much nicer when they are soft and fluffy.
Currently a SAHM trying to be the best wife to my amazing hubby, and best mommy to my sweet girls that I can be
nursenmom is offline   Reply With Quote