Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
Bobbie ~1+3~
Registered Users

A bit of a scare this morning

So I've been taking about 3 ic's a day just to use up the huge supply I have (I'm 5wks 3days). The first one I took today (3:30 am) scared me. It had just a slight coloring in the middle of the test line and a really light control line. It instantly brought me back to my miscarriages Thankfully, my test at 5:30 was back to normal with a pretty dark test line I'm thinking I should just throw the rest of them away to avoid unneeded stress.

Anyone else still testing?

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie ~1+3~
So I've been taking about 3 ic's a day just to use up the huge supply I have (I'm 5wks 3days). The first one I took today (3:30 am) scared me. It had just a slight coloring in the middle of the test line and a really light control line. It instantly brought me back to my miscarriages Thankfully, my test at 5:30 was back to normal with a pretty dark test line I'm thinking I should just throw the rest of them away to avoid unneeded stress.

Anyone else still testing?
DDC...I recommend ditching the rest or pass them along FFS to a momma in the TTC forum. Beware of the "hook effect" when testing after 6 wks. The HCG starts to get so high at that point that it can have a reverse affect on the test line & they will actually start to lighten. I totally freaked & just knew I was starting to miscarry when I tested @ 6w3d & my line was half as dark as the week before. Was so relieved to find out about the hook effect from another DS momma.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't have anymore tests, but I'm tempted to buy more. Seeing those lines makes it feel more real.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A bit of a scare this morning

i would not throw them away... either donate or sell them here.

i took would test on and off thru pregnancy. after losses its just nice to watch the line get dark
Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been testing every day but today the frer test line was darker than the control...wm test still has a ways to go so ill keep buying those. Keeps me sane til my appt and being able to hear a heartbeat via Doppler.

Nursing @ iPhone using DS Forum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2341314097.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	139621  
Old 04-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #6
Bobbie ~1+3~
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post
I've been testing every day but today the frer test line was darker than the control...wm test still has a ways to go so ill keep buying those. Keeps me sane til my appt and being able to hear a heartbeat via Doppler.

Nursing @ iPhone using DS Forum
Same here, first response has a test line darker than the control but those darn ic's are taking a lot longer to get there. I should hear back today on when my appointment will be