Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady longs
I totally understand, respect, and agree with your conclusion. And would likely make that conclusion myself. I spend the bulk of my cd money at small companies like hers for those exact reasons. Prob 80% of my cd money goes thru these small companies.

At the same time, I think that public bashing of companies on forums like this should be reserved for extreme situations - like not issuing a refund, holding money and not sending products, severe back orders without communication and the holding of funds. Negative feedback on places like these has serious ramifications for companies. And things like not saying "thanks" is really not a reason, IMO, to bash a company publicly.

It is, however, a perfect reason to make a personal decision not to support that company ever again and, instead, re-route your money to more friendly and grateful mama run business.
A public forum where we can talk about anything? A teach we dislike. A car brand that sucks in our experience? Or how about a cereal company that we found a plastic piece in.. But if it's a DIAPER company people call foul...

I find that.. Interesting...

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again

we really can't talk about ANYTHING publicly here... i've seen plenty of posts frozen and taking down over the past 4 years....

I might not have posted what OP did either, but I've never shopped with CB, and customer service has a lot to do with people who respond to the inquiry, there might occasionally be a bad apple, but stellar companies root them out fairly efficiently, I like to go with the 3 strikes approach...I don't get mad until they've messed up 3 times, or fail to resolve major problems. with black friday having just passed, i'm sure all the CD businesses are super busy these days, i'd be a bit lenient right now
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm sorry OP that it feels like they aren't appreciative of your time.
My experience with CB has been awesome.
I once got an extra prefold in my order and notified them what happened. In their response, they did say thank you for letting us know and to keep the extra one as a gift for being so honest.
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by lady longs; 12-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
SamsMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Personally, I'd let it go. The pros outweigh the cons. They may have not said thank you, but the sales they had on Black Friday and Cyber Monday were great. I got Flip covers BOGO Free! I'd roll off a thank you snub for that! lol
SamsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady longs

Actually, I never said that my opinion was directly related to cloth diaper companies. I said we shouldn't publicly bash companies over minor things. If it were something significant, that we should post it so others would know. That's my opinion re all companies, actually. Not just cloth companies.

Also, I never said we shouldn't share our negative experiences and I also never said that "we shouldn't talk about anything" in a public forum.

You really pretty significantly misunderstood and misquoted what I said as well as jumping to some pretty sizable conclusions.
So.. What can we say when we have a bad experience? The OP was venting. I DID come to the conclusion that if she was talking about Kellogg's, you wouldn't have given her any grief. Sometimes it ONE experience that turns you off to a food, a place, a store. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service knows this.

A happy customer tells maybe 1-2 people.
An unhappy customer tells 7-10 people.

Anyhow. Yes, I think it's an odd reason to complain about a company only because there are usually preset 'auto command' responses (even if it's coming from an actual person, they are versed on how to accept a product return by using a generic format)

She was unhappy. She won't shop there. Why do you care how big the company is or how small..

Public bashing!? Really?!? It's a public forum.. And there's a diaper section.. Where people post about experiences.. So if it's a positive one- post? If not, don't..?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
jessicargrimes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsMomma
Personally, I'd let it go. The pros outweigh the cons. They may have not said thank you, but the sales they had on Black Friday and Cyber Monday were great. I got Flip covers BOGO Free! I'd roll off a thank you snub for that! lol
This^^^

I love CB!!
jessicargrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #18
csilve03
Registered Users

i agree and understand thanks for posting!
csilve03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #19
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Yeah their lousy customer service is why I no longer buy from them.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
thinkingahead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

While I get OP's point, not every transaction is personal these days particularly with online purchases. This was a computer glitch on the busiest shopping day of the year and the thank-you got missed in the communication about the how to fix the error. My guess is a phone call about the error probably would have resulted in a thank-you while the email was much less personal and got a less personal response. For all the OP knows, CB was waiting to make sure they actually received the package before doing something, or maybe not. I think CB generally has professional, but not over the top cs and personally that is enough for me. Then again, I'm kind of a facts focused non effusive type of person- don't need hugs for doing a good deed.
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote