Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
So.. What can we say when we have a bad experience? The OP was venting. I DID come to the conclusion that if she was talking about Kellogg's, you wouldn't have given her any grief. Sometimes it ONE experience that turns you off to a food, a place, a store. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service knows this.

A happy customer tells maybe 1-2 people.
An unhappy customer tells 7-10 people.

Anyhow. Yes, I think it's an odd reason to complain about a company only because there are usually preset 'auto command' responses (even if it's coming from an actual person, they are versed on how to accept a product return by using a generic format)

She was unhappy. She won't shop there. Why do you care how big the company is or how small..

Public bashing!? Really?!? It's a public forum.. And there's a diaper section.. Where people post about experiences.. So if it's a positive one- post? If not, don't..?
Agree 1000%

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #22
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
Yeah their lousy customer service is why I no longer buy from them.
^^^

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
buko
Registered Users
seller

Errrrmmm... OOH, I aim to provide stellar customer service in my online business, and this was not that. I can understand being miffed.

But I... How do I put this? There was a lot of emphasis on how you deserved (effusive?) gratitude for simply doing the right thing. I mean, not just deserved it (which I'm not saying you didn't!), but to the point where, since you didn't receive said gratitude, you will never shop with them again-- so, really deserved it, I guess. I guess I'm a little put-off by the "I COULD have been totally dishonest, but I wasn't" part, YKWIM?

That said, per above, it certainly wasn't "above and beyond" customer service, and they did miss a great opportunity to make you an even more loyal customer. And of course, you're welcome to shop or not shop anywhere you like.
buko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes
Yeah their lousy customer service is why I no longer buy from them.
Same here. Prior to this post I've had my own lousy experiences with them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #25
babyfever2012
Registered Users
seller
seller

I ordered from them awhile back and I felt like their order took a bit long to get to me. That doesn't mean that I won't order from them again if the price is right but they might not be my first choice. I get why people don't support this publicly bashing but at the same time, maybe they need to know the word on the streets, so to speak. So they can improve or correct their mistakes. I'm all for second chances.

Please see my ISO & IHA.

Please visit my Ebay.
babyfever2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #26
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with @RockinLou. My first experience with CB was this past BF. I just couldn't pass up the deals they had. I must have inadvertently omitted the code for the free dipe because when my order arrived, it didn't come with. I followed up with them and were sent the dipe. In fact, it came today! That said, I am waiting for another well known online and brick mortar retailer to fix an order....from BF. I did not receive the freebies with my order (this time, no codes necessary) and they sent me the wrong dipe - I wanted snaps and was sent velcro. They told me they would send me the freebies along with the dipe I wanted in the mail with return envelope for the aplix closure...that was over a week ago...I haven't received anything nor heard anything from them! AND they usually have exceptional CS!!
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #27
ZoeyMakesThree
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've had nothing but positive experiences with cb. Sorry that u aren't pleased.
ZoeyMakesThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #28
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When posts get plentiful, details get mashed up kind of like that telephone game. So to clarify.

1. I am the person who created this post.
2. My experience with the CSR was not during Black Friday, it was yesterday.
3. It wasn't an auto-responder, it was a real person. To post the person's direct email wouldn't have been appropriate, but given the language, it was a real reply. (I once wrote scripts for call centers)
4. I wasn't looking for excessive gratitude. Just a simple hey thanks for letting us know. The way that a smaller Mom owned shop would likely have done. That's it. That was my whole point.
5. My purpose in posting this was to let other moms know who care issues like that. I do. If I read such a post from someone else, I would choose not to buy from them. That's just my opinion.
6. This is a diaper discussion forum.
lakemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #29
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

The only way a company can fix issues, even ones that people find as minor as this, is for people to complain. She is entitled to her opinion, what is important to one person may not be to another. I don't see this as bashing, she stated the facts.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #30
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

Whenever I do the right thing I do it because I feel morally compelled to- I don't do it because I expect to be thanked for it. If I do get a thank you then great, if I don't then oh well. Even if I knew beforehand a company was't going to say thank you for me being honest I would never think to keep something that wasn't mine.

Now, I am not saying that you don't have the right to take your business elsewhere because you do. I myself wouldn't have taken what happened so personally. You weren't doing them a favor by returning the products- you were doing what was right.

I do commend you for what you did! There are so many people who would have just kept the stuff- God only knows how people like that can sleep at night.