Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
elvenmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need some suggestions - we are leaking at almost every change

I have those Amp inserts too and they are way too thin to use by themselves. Maybe the Alva or Sunbaby inserts will work. I've never used them but maybe you could research those. They would be cheap and you could double those up with the
Amp inserts you've got.

Advertisement

elvenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
kaiulani73
Registered Users
seller

sounds difficult. good luck & hope you are finding answers.
kaiulani73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

right now im using prefolds with a tri fold and pockets as covers. never had a leak
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #14
ravenchow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had to ditch pockets at a year old. We've been using brown GMD prefolds, trifolded, in a PUL cover. Now that LO is 2 1/2, I have been adding a Joey Bunz hemp sometimes. He is a very heavy wetter & wears night sposies at night time because our heavy duty night system started to fail shortly before he turned 2. He still sometimes pees out of his night sposies. We also pad fold the large GMD flats & add hemp to them as well.

ds (12/99), 4 mcs, LO (May 2010), Newb (April 2013), 5th mc
ravenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:17 AM   #15
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd been having leak issues out of nowhere with my 2 yr old DD. I was SO disappointed and frustrated and even entertained the thought of trying sposies for about 2 seconds. I stripped the diapers that were leaking most often (I won't name names, but they are pricey and popular) but it didn't seem to help. I realized that we really just need more absorbency. It's that simple. When I use a good old fashion prefold (either trifolded or snappi'd on with a doubler) we NEVER get leaks. Ever. As Karen from GMD says "more bulk means more absorbency" (or something close to that). Super trim diapers won't hold as much, period. Prefolds are cheap and they work. Imagine prefolds from Nicki's are great and really economical. My very favorites are GMD but they cost a bit more. Another easy option would be charcoal bamboo blend inserts. They are microfiber in the middle with bamboo on the outside. They hold a LOT and they're cheap. They have them on eBay. I hate MF in theory but you've gotta do what works. I prefer MF to sposies.

As for detergents, have you tried Country Save? It's an excellent one for sensitive skin and it works super well when combined with Oxiclean. Target's Up & Up Clean Pristine is another one getting rave reviews for cloth. It has enzymes but no other junk (and there isa F&C version.

Last edited by el's mama; 12-09-2012 at 02:18 AM.
el's mama is offline   Reply With Quote