Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
Nrskim83
Registered Users
seller

Best fabric lining of CD

I was curious on what kind of fabric is stay dry? Just like other moms I want to keep my LO bottom as dry as possible but there are so many different kinds of fabric linings to CD. I currently use MF inserts for my pockets but I bought some bamboo inserts that I'm waiting to come in the mail. I don't have any rash problems yet but I want to keep it that way. Also if you could list the companies that sell the type of fabric that is stay dry that would be so helpful. I currently have Kawaii and Alva diapers which I think are fleece lined but I could be wrong. Thanks in advice!

Advertisement

Last edited by Nrskim83; 12-02-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Nrskim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best fabric lining of CD

Not all mom's believe the best lining is stay dry so your question and title don't really match. The stay dry lining is fleece or the lining in the kawaii and bum Genius diapers (i forget what it's called).

I thought the BG lining kept my son skin the dryest for nighttime. During the day I like natural fiber against his skin so I thought that was the best even though it felt wet.

What is against the skin will only be able to keep the skin dry is the absorbent material is absorbing fully well. If the absorbent material gets saturated, fleece will be wet. Or if the absorbent material doesn't "lock in" the wetness it may not be able to stay dry.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-02-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

suede cloth!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

Personally, my favorite is fleece. My son is also much happier in stay dry vs natural fibers
Old 12-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Textile_Mike
Registered Users

Most chinesemade diapers are lined with polyester fleece (thin polarfleece).

I think th e best lining is a poly pique or mesh knit. They are soft, have enough surface texture to keep them from being sticky extremely durable, easy to clean and they pass moisture along to soakers (where it belongs). Fleeces and suedecloth are great too, but they will trap some moisture in their pile so they are never as dry as finer pique and mesh knits.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My favorite lining is obv...it isnt stay dry. My sensitive babies do best in natural fibers.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Greener Pastures
Registered Users

I love Organic Bamboo Velour (OBV) or organic cotton against my baby's skin. Neither one are stay dry fabric but he does better with natural fibers.
Greener Pastures is offline   Reply With Quote