Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
2beauties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Rash help!

I am trying to get back in cloth. DD seems to get like blotchy little red spots when her skin is exposed to wet. I have prefolds and Flips because that is what I can afford and my DS never had issues with. I have tried a fleece barrier but sometimes it helps but seems very bulky. Today I took her diaper off and she was broke out again, so I put a pampers on her and by the time we got home it was much better. Its frustrating because I just bought two more covers and don't want to waste my money. I don't think it is the laundry soap, because I think they rinse very clean. I think its just wet. Is my only option a fleece barrier. Should I just use sposies until its 100 percent better?

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Rash help!

Are you using fleece, or microfleece? I microfleece liner shouldn't be bulky, and helped my DD a lot.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:

micro fleece should be pretty darn thin, so much so that you shouldn't really notice it in the bulk of the diaper at all. if its the good stuff (thick) the pee may not pass through quickly.
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Are you using fleece, or microfleece? I microfleece liner shouldn't be bulky, and helped my DD a lot.
This. Also, what detergent are you using? Your diapers could be not getting clean enough.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
GiosMami
Registered Users

I am having the same issues with my flips/pf and also CDing on a budget so I bought sunbaby diapers and haven't had the issue since ! It only happens when I run out and have to use a pf and flip again ! I hate if because I love my flips ... Maybe he can use them as he gets older !
GiosMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by breast4my3 View Post
micro fleece should be pretty darn thin, so much so that you shouldn't really notice it in the bulk of the diaper at all. if its the good stuff (thick) the pee may not pass through quickly.
exactly my microfleece liners are thin. You can also you suede cloth that is really thin as well and stay dry.