Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thats ridiculous. I hour you can come to some sort of agreement. I would suggest discussing it with the sw supervisor.

Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
Chris10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Visits w/ bios on holidays for foster kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopstermomma View Post
Push back. Aren't you going to be out of town? no way to do visits. Bummer, guess they can schedule them when you get back.
They'd make him go to respite. That's what they did over Thanksgiving.

And to the poster who asked how frequent her visits are- she has a one hour regular visit each week and he goes to her parenting class (although they aren't together the whole time) for three hours each week.

He's only been in foster care for a little over two months and he's not going home anytime soon.

I'm going to talk to the SW today when she picks him up for a visit. I'm seriously thinking about not fostering anymore because of this. I'm not finding it rewarding anymore. Just a PITA.
Chris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
juclark77
Registered Users

If you can't get anywhere with your case worker's supervisor, try talking to your licensing worker. I'm sure they don't want to lose you as a foster parent. A LOT of foster parenting depends on what case worker you get. If you get a bad one, it can be miserable. Make sure you don't work with this one again after this.
juclark77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My area is mixed. If the child was close to reunification and it was a "safe" situation, they'd push us to make something work. On Easter, we did have a baby where grandparents would pick the baby up at our house for visits. Mom asked for a visit on Easter where grandma would pick the baby up. The CW told her not to expect it, but she'd ask. CW asked me and we were planning on being a hour away for part of the day. We could have made it work, honestly, but all the CW needed to hear was we were going to away so she told mom we were going to be out of town that day and that was that.

Our current placement's regular visit day was on Thanksgiving and they just told her they were closed so no visit. This is a case where mom will not be getting baby and they just have to do visits as a formality right now.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #15
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I should say they'd never make us put a baby in respite on the sole purpose of baby not getting a Christmas visit, but my area isn't a fan of using respite. Now they don't like you going out of state either (unless bparents approve it) so if that was the case, we'd be forced to use respite.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
Chris10
Registered Users
seller
seller

So, the SW said that the judge agreed to it and it's in a court order. Weird. And apparently she's getting a visit from Christmas Ever TO Christmas Day. Overnight! Supervised by a friend. But the friend is moving, so it's not supposed to happen again.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #17
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Why exactly would they agree to "a friend" supervising??? I mean really???
Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #18
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ours were supervised by bio mom's mother, who lied for her constantly. It was ridiculous.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #19
AugustHope
Approved as buyer only due to past issues.
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris10 View Post
So, the SW said that the judge agreed to it and it's in a court order. Weird. And apparently she's getting a visit from Christmas Ever TO Christmas Day. Overnight! Supervised by a friend. But the friend is moving, so it's not supposed to happen again.
Not planned to returned home anytime soon, but she is getting overnight visits? That is really odd! Do you have a copy of the court order? A few times we were told something was in the court order that wasnt and we had to bring it to the workers attention.
Example... SW told us that the bio mom can call at her convenience...um, I may be wrong, but a midnight phone call on a Tuesday night where she wanted me to wake up dfd who was 20 months old so they could talk, didnt seem in the best interest of anyone! Yes, the court order did state that bio mom could call at her convenience on WEDNSEDAY evenings between 4-6. I had to point it out to her.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #20
Chris10
Registered Users
seller
seller

I asked for a copy of the court order and she said she would get it to me. I haven't seen it yet...