Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #61
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Im a little upset...should i be?

IMO, I think it is a bit misleading. I would have asked her to be 100% sure. I'd just take it as a lesson learned.

Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #62
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
I'm not a prude or even conservative and I have tiny boobs but I'm glad my Mom did not encourage me to objectify myself at 14 by allowing a bra like that. What message is this sending 'our' little girls?
I don't think the message is any different than the one we send by letting them style their hair vs forcing them to wear it however it naturally falls, allowing them to wear a particular color of sweater because it complements their skin tone & makes them feel good, allowing them to whiten their teeth, permitting them to shave legs or pluck unibrows, work out to define muscles/sculpt the body, or wear lengthening mascara on skimpy lashes. the message reads as: "this is your body, you own & control it, & no one (not even I) has the right to try to try to take that control from you. I love you, trust you, respect you, & will always be here as you continue to grow, explore, & become the you that you want to be"
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #63
Mommyof4forme!
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark

I don't think the message is any different than the one we send by letting them style their hair vs forcing them to wear it however it naturally falls, allowing them to wear a particular color of sweater because it complements their skin tone & makes them feel good, allowing them to whiten their teeth, permitting them to shave legs or pluck unibrows, work out to define muscles/sculpt the body, or wear lengthening mascara on skimpy lashes. the message reads as: "this is your body, you own & control it, & no one (not even I) has the right to try to try to take that control from you. I love you, trust you, respect you, & will always be here as you continue to grow, explore, & become the you that you want to be"
. I agree with you 100%!

I'd like to add a few pics of my DD in her bombshell bras since I feel like a lot of you have an idea of how she may look. She's a very conservative girl and as long as no one looks under her clothes, they have no idea what she's wearing under them .

And this is about as "sexy" as she dresses (only because she has to)

I don't buy her the padded bras to encourage her to sexualize her body or make her think she's not good enough, I buy them because that's what she wants and I personally don't think it's my place to choose her underwear! I personally feel it's no different than allowing make up (as this would send the message that her natural beauty isn't good enough), or coloring ones hair. As long as she's not wearing clothes that show off her breasts...I'm good (and she picks her own clothes, not me).
Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #64
bea2269
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof4forme!

. I agree with you 100%!

I'd like to add a few pics of my DD in her bombshell bras since I feel like a lot of you have an idea of how she may look. She's a very conservative girl and as long as no one looks under her clothes, they have no idea what she's wearing under them .

And this is about as "sexy" as she dresses (only because she has to)

I don't buy her the padded bras to encourage her to sexualize her body or make her think she's not good enough, I buy them because that's what she wants and I personally don't think it's my place to choose her underwear! I personally feel it's no different than allowing make up (as this would send the message that her natural beauty isn't good enough), or coloring ones hair. As long as she's not wearing clothes that show off her breasts...I'm good (and she picks her own clothes, not me).
She's gorgeous! It sounds like you have a very well-rounded daughter. I wouldn't have any problem with any of the outfits she's wearing. At the end of the day, you know your daughter. We don't.

ETA: It sounds like you have decided to keep the bra. So, I didn't answer your original question for that reason.

Last edited by bea2269; 12-09-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #65
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

what a pretty young lady she is! I personally think she looks just fine and age appropriate. Im sorry this turned into such a big debate of your parenting mama! I really dont see what the big deal is, she sounds like an awesome young lady and i personally dont care what type of undies she wants to wear
TTC #4
Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #66
Mommyof4forme!
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bea2269

She's gorgeous! It sounds like you have a very well-rounded daughter. I wouldn't have any problem with any of the outfits she's wearing. At the end of the day, you know your daughter. We don't.

ETA: It sounds like you have decided to keep the bra. So, I didn't answer your original question for that reason.
Thank you
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #67
Mommyof4forme!
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors
what a pretty young lady she is! I personally think she looks just fine and age appropriate. Im sorry this turned into such a big debate of your parenting mama! I really dont see what the big deal is, she sounds like an awesome young lady and i personally dont care what type of undies she wants to wear
Thank you, she is pretty dang awesome! I'm extremely proud of the young woman she's becoming! It's hard to watch your baby girl grow up (and she's my only girl) but it's part of life. Thank goodness she's not a wild child like I was !
Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #68
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

She is stunning!! My 15 yr old son would like her
Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #69
Mommyof4forme!
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
She is stunning!! My 15 yr old son would like her
thanks!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #70
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow! She is beautiful!! (No matter which bra she chooses to wear, she is just lovely.)

Eta: I remember being small chested and having to wear some padding to fit into clothes ( since lots were cut for fuller chests)

Last edited by *Peanut*; 12-09-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Closed Thread