Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

BLW is the greatest thing ever!!!

For us. (Have to stipulate.)

With my third, our last, we decided to go this route. My oldest had feeding issues (gtube) so we didn't do much in the way of research for our second and besides making our own food from organically and stuff we were pretty conventional. This time however, we changed things up. And I love it!

Seriously, she's eating things that most people are horrified by. Toddler crisps are the latest. These little freeze dried fruit crisp things...she loves them. And all kinds of fruits and veggies...it just seems like there's so much more out there for her.

And I have to say, I'm much more kid back with her. And I was pretty laid back with our second too. Boys shoved some brownie in her mouth? Eh...it was mostly organic ingredients. Strawberries...(she's 8 months) she loves them.

I just had to have a nice "yay for us!" thread. It seems like I've been feeling pretty ick lately and this cheered me up immensely.

Advertisement

kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: BLW is the greatest thing ever!!!

We're loving it too! My 6 month old eats pretty much whatever we eat for dinner.
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:

Glad BLW is working out for you and your LO . I just started looking into it after reading your post and I am really interested!
PrettyinPink89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
1healthylady
Registered Users

It has been great for our family too! I had planned to make all our own baby food until I found out about BLW. It is such a time saver!! The dogs get some good eats, too. Everyone always seems so impressed when they see her eating the same things we're eating - green beans, baked beans, a little steak, etc. She's not picky at all, she just doesn't like bland food. The more flavor the better.

Always good to have a 'yay for us' moment.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD is 6 months but not yet ready. I let her hold food but she has no interest in them just yet. Can't wait to make my life easier! With my oldest who is now 6, I was making my own baby food. I was scared to try BLW but now I'm fully ready!
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1healthylady
It has been great for our family too! I had planned to make all our own baby food until I found out about BLW. It is such a time saver!! The dogs get some good eats, too. Everyone always seems so impressed when they see her eating the same things we're eating - green beans, baked beans, a little steak, etc. She's not picky at all, she just doesn't like bland food. The more flavor the better.

Always good to have a 'yay for us' moment.
Oh this for sure! If its plain she hates it. Unless its fruit. She needs pepper or cayenne or garlic or onion or some kind of flavor...it's awesome.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
nightpost
Registered Users

We love BLW, too, and our guy also seems to prefer strong flavors. He makes the funniest faces when we give him pickles and lemons, but he doesn't stop trying to eat them!
nightpost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It really is the way to go....but let me say, it can be a pain when living with relatives who just don't get it! We live with my grandma right now and she totally stresses about food. She is always trying to spoon feed DS and he is 17 months old! I'm like, how would you like it if someone was shoving food in your face?
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
Hippydippy
Registered Users
seller

So I have a question! Did you stick to the one new ingredient every three days? I'm worried to just go for it if she has some weird reaction. Also, we don't eat super healthy at every meal. I'm cool with eating junk sometimes but I don't want her getting used to any of that.
Hippydippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippydippy
So I have a question! Did you stick to the one new ingredient every three days? I'm worried to just go for it if she has some weird reaction. Also, we don't eat super healthy at every meal. I'm cool with eating junk sometimes but I don't want her getting used to any of that.
I never did the one food thing with any of mine. That said, I stayed away from things that I knew could be problematic (citrus in our case since I'm allergic). We've been slipping a bit too with the healthy eating and on those days I just cut up fruit or steam some veggies or grab some puffs or Cheerios for her...she doesn't need to eat the same thing we eat. The fruit thing is very easy. Now her new fave...apple and banana chips. And she had banana pudding cheesecake the other day...definitely a good day for her.