Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
Unreal unsafe driving

I've seen kids riding in bizarre unsafe ways before, but this was probably the worst I have ever seen.

We live on a pretty steep hill, and I was pulling out of my driveway, and one of my neighbors goes screeching up the hill, probably at least at 40 mph (speedlimit is 25) in her SUV with the sunroof open and her 2-3 year old son standing on the center console with the top half of his body sticking out of the sunroof! I just cannot imagine that anyone would ever, in any circumstance, think this is OK. I don't know what house they live in, but I have met them before and they didn't seem insane.

I probably should have done something, but I was honestly so stunned I didn't even think of it. I just can't get the image out of my head.

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Unreal unsafe driving

Umm wow!!! I think I would have had to pick my jaw up off the floor if I saw that. Maybe next time you can get a picture because unless the police saw it it would be a he said she said situation.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with qsefthuko - try to get a picture. Although, if she's speeding on top of everything else, she might zip by too quickly for you to get a clear shot.

I'd be absolutely livid if I saw that!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Wow....that's almost epic...unfortunately for the kiddo the mom will probably be punished when her kid gets injured doing something like that...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Insane. I'd have my cell phone in hand from now on when you go out there, and that way you can snap a picture if you see this again. Then I'd call the cops and show them the picture and explain that you have no ill thoughts of your neighbor but that you're terrified she's going to kill her DD doing this.

That is totally crazy and insane. Why do parents think this is ever ok!?!?!?

Or.... you could leave an anonymous note on her door that said "I saw you let your daughter ride like this. That's insanely unsafe and you could get her killed. If I see this again I WILL call the cops." and sign it "Concerned citizen."

Maybe that'll make her think twice, then if you DO see it again, try to snap a picture and call the cops.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M
Insane. I'd have my cell phone in hand from now on when you go out there, and that way you can snap a picture if you see this again. Then I'd call the cops and show them the picture and explain that you have no ill thoughts of your neighbor but that you're terrified she's going to kill her DD doing this.

That is totally crazy and insane. Why do parents think this is ever ok!?!?!?

Or.... you could leave an anonymous note on her door that said "I saw you let your daughter ride like this. That's insanely unsafe and you could get her killed. If I see this again I WILL call the cops." and sign it "Concerned citizen."

Maybe that'll make her think twice, then if you DO see it again, try to snap a picture and call the cops.

God bless!
This is a good idea I think! Then there's no one to put blame on but a definite "I'm watching you" threat.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would still call. Out here if you have the license plate number,they will follow up. If nothing else, they will think twice before doing it again, knowing someone might actually report it.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last edited by mrspopo; 07-08-2013 at 01:10 AM.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #9
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just.. wow.