Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #101
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How many gifts for Christmas?

This year the kids get their Santa gift (unwrapped and assembled in front of the Christmas tree - always the biggest/best) and then 7 additional presents to unwrap + their stocking stuffers.

DS (9) DD1 (5) DD2 (03/15)

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #102
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
My Mood:

Ok, I have to write it out so I can count! LOL

DD1: Shirley temple collection DVD, Secret of the Wings DVD, model magic sets (one big and two little), body wash and loofa sponge, fairy skirt (made by me) and a tshirt that says God's little princess Her dad got her american girl doll Cecile

DD2: Xia Xia playset with crabs and shells, puzzle, hinged basket containing three webkins, a pillow, blanket, and clothes (all made by me, plus the basket was free and the webkins were only .50 each),three Holly Webb books, body wash, loofa sponge Their dad got her American girl doll Marie-Grace

together (dd1 and 2) American Girl DVD collection, two AG games, an AG scrapbook, several AG books, the game Jenga

DD3: barbie, barbie clothes, hello kitty makeup kit, hello kitty necklace, book, a large pony (like my little pony, but a knock off), Hello Kitty memory game,a little miss muffin doll, body wash and loofa sponge and a kitchen set

All three girls get pajamas on Christmas eve
Tanya, mama to four wonderful girls, wifey to my favorite guy
DalesWidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #103
Registered Users
My Mood:
DD gets 3 gifts from us, 1 from Santa, a stocking (socks & undies, some candy, UNO, and glow in the dark stars for her room), probably 1 from her dad, 2-3 plus stocking from DH dad and stepmom, 2-3 from DH mom and stepdad, 1 from each aunt/uncle (10), 2 plus stocking from my parents, and 1 from her great grandma.

So 22 plus 3 stockings. Good grief!! I tried to be careful about what I requested for her. Things like craft supplies, fun bath stuff, outings, etc. I know she got tickets to go to the Lion King when it comes in June from one set of grandparents. I sure hope mommy and daddy got tickets too!!

DH and I are doing stocking for each other with a $30 max. Neither of us wanted anything for a bigger gift so we treated ourselves to Cirque de Soleil performance and nice dinner out this weekend. That cost about $200 but we both really enjoyed the show and time together. And we didn't bring home stuff we don't really need.
Wife to Jake SAHM to Lydia (Nov '07) and Wilder (July '14)
I sell LuLaRoe Mention DS for 10% off!

Last edited by steely_cass; 12-17-2012 at 04:07 PM.
steely_cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #104
Registered Users
My Mood:

9 from us but they will have about 6 from family
Ashley~Wife to Martin~Mom to~Mason Karl 2/23/06 & Grace Nevaeh 7/26/07. Furmom to Peri 5-2-10 & Angel 04 & Aunt to Elisabeth Astrid 12/12/06, Stephen Lee 12/18/08, John Drake 12/22/10, Rayne Lyn 5/6/12, Connor Maxwell 7/11/12, Sarah Renee 3-7-13, & Rabecca May 4-20-13
Masonsmommy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #105
Registered Users
My Mood:

From mommy and daddy:

DS1 Tablet computer
DS2 Digital camera
DS3 Mega Block dump truck
DD Amber Teething necklace

Purchased with the gift cards from Nana and Papa:
DS3: Bag of Mega blocks, Lego Duplo car with story book
DD: Kick n Play Piano play mat

For everyone: Play kitchen with food/dishes/accessories and shopping cart.

I have green and red colored paper bags to use in place of stockings that will have a few goodies in it: The big plastic candy canes filled with M&Ms, Pez dispenser, extra Pez... and I want to get one or two more things to put in there.

God bless!
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #106
Registered Users
My Mood:
Wow I've only read the last two pages. We must sound really grinchy. This year each kid is getting a plasma car and a book. We also do Hanukkah though so they got 8 small things last week.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #107
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by MamaWillow
Wow I've only read the last two pages. We must sound really grinchy. This year each kid is getting a plasma car and a book. We also do Hanukkah though so they got 8 small things last week.
I think your gifts are great. Plus since you celebrate Hanukkah also your children already received gifts. Sure presents are fun, but that's not what the Holiday season is really about. I'm currently working on our kiddos stockings and trying to keep them reasonable. It seems harder to pare down my sons gifts because he's older. Although this year I've invited my parents over for Christmas morning to open gifts at our house so he'll have more than the three things we got him to open. Although that doesn't include the few outfits we bought because they both really needed clothes.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #108
Registered Users

Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
To those who celebrate Christmas I was wondering; how many gifts do you buy each of your children? Also do you exchange gifts with your spouse? We're having to cut back more than ever this year and I was just wondering what everyone else is doing.
It's just the four of us in the family so I'm going to buy DS and our two children their Christmas present. My daughter is getting a Barbie house with Ken in it. I saw a website that offers toy deals and one of the brands include the Barbie stuff. My son will get a handsome bib, pacifier, and a mini jacket. Husband's getting a pair of shoes with a brand that he likes.

Last edited by lovebear; 12-19-2012 at 03:37 AM.
lovebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #109
Registered Users
My Mood:
I just counted them up and we got 10 for DS1 and 8 for DS2. Plus a couple family gifts.

For DS1 (3.5):
Innotab 2
Team umizoomi innotab game
Thomas innotab game
Lego set
Hot wheels wall tracks
UNO moo game
The lorax DVD
Doodle pro
Fire truck pop up tent
Imaginext knight set (DHs parents got him the castle)

For DS2 (19m):
Fisher price Basketball goal
Wheelies stand n play rampway
Melissa and Doug sushi play food set
Huge pack of playdoh
Pack of playdoh tools
Doodle pro
Mr potato head
Thomas bathtub railroad set

Family gifts:
Membership to the local children's museum
Season passes to a local amusement park for next summer

DH and I usually get a few gifts for each other too. So far I've got him a new wallet and a huge pack of socks. I planned on getting him Black Ops 2 but my sister already got it for him so now I need to come up with something else for him.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
SAHM to two wild boys, a toddler and a preschooler. Expecting our third and last, a sweet little GIRL due July 2013. Taking each day as it comes and trying to avoid labels.
OneDayAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #110
Registered Users

Our kids are getting:

5 under the tree - includes one "big" gift
2 from siblings - these are small trinket stuff for them to exchange
1 small in stocking - usually a movie
6 from family

Every year the under the tree varies depending on what I find. There is also and extra family one this year as we're spending time with an aunt and uncle that we usually don't see at the holidays, and they insisted despite my best efforts to dissuade them.
Kim, a doing what works for us mama to S (06/01), J (03/03), M (12/07) and S (01/11)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote