Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #111
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How many gifts for Christmas?

My kids are getting 2-4 gifts from us and Santa plus some used books. They are getting more from family though so they will have more than that.

nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #112
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
My Mood:
Now that the truth about what my inlaws are getting for Gigi is starting to emerge, I'm glad I was tight about giving to my children. It sounds like they went a bit overboard... again. But she's really been going crazy about wanting a nutcracker and I guess one of them is stepping up. Good for her.
Danielle, Nick, Gigi ('08) and William ('11)
Happy Family
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #113
Registered Users
My Mood:
We went to Disneyland for a week in early December, and that was their main gift. Santa will bring a few things this year, but nothing like in years past.
Happily married Mama to 4 kids (14, 11, 6, 4)
And proud SurroMama to 2 beautiful boys

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #114
Registered Users
My Mood:

The kids are getting 3 gifts from us - one new outfit and then two "toys". Instead of Santa we started a secret stocking exchange this year, so they will also get a stocking from a sibling. My grandmother sent a check for them so I bought a gift for each of them on her behalf as well. My mother sent a package but it hasn't arrived yet, and my MIL was planning on buying them each something small as well. So it will work out to about 6-8 each from everyone.

I also do buy for DH, he may or may not buy from me (which I am ok with). One of the gifts this year is a down comforter and duvet set, which I bought almost entirely with my SBs earnings (I ended up paying for shipping out of pocket) and which will be for our bed so it was sort of like buying a gift for myself.
Nicole A not-very-crunchy-but-here-anyways Mommy to:
River 10/10/11 Caleb1/29/10, Shane3/31/08, Athena2/5/07,
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #115
Registered Users
We do three's the "if its good enough for Jesus" stockings. The 3 gifts are from us and the stockings are from Santa. Our girls are still really young but as they get older we may throw in some "family" gifts (board games, etc.).

Hubby and I do get each other gifts. We also stick to the 3 gift rule or a monitory amount...which ever comes first.

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse the autocorrect craziness.
Wife to Kevin (10/21/06) SAHM to Mary-Grace (3/21/11) after years of infertility , Hannah (3/23/12) , and Jude (2/13/14)
HisGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #116
My Mood:

Each of my 4 kids got 18 "toys" each and then some clothing. They each got a stocking too. Then there is like 8 gifts for both the 3 and 4 yr olds together. They all also got a gift for Yule.

DH and I got a handful of gifts for each of us. I started shopping this summer and did not realize how much I accumulated. Then my mom went crazy too.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #117
My Mood:

I go with a monetary amount, not a number of gift limit. We do have requirements. One gift from Santa, one gift from sibling, one gift for christmas eve (must be something they can use that night, usually PJs) and then the stocking from santa, and a small handful of gifts from mommy and daddy. We have always done $100, but that's getting increasingly difficult as DD1 gets older, so I think we're going to expand to $150 or $200 for next year per child.

DH and I went WAY over this year for each other, but we didn't end up having an anniversary date or gift, so it's not all bad. We bought ourselves rocksmith which ate up our normal budget, plus I got him a couple of gifts for under the tree, and now he's thinking of getting me something to open Christmas morning, because otherwise I won't get anything that day. This is the first year in my lifetime that I won't be going to my mother's on Christmas day.

Last edited by Computermama; 12-20-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #118
Registered Users
My Mood:

It depends but most of the time one gift each christmas.
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #119
Registered Users
My Mood:

Wow, I guess we are stingy. We tried to follow the "want, need, wear, read" but got a little carried away.
DS is getting a chalkboard, some coloring and sticker books, a small shovel and broom, a bike, and a new pair of jammies. I really felt like we went overboard but now not so much. I guess I just can't imagine getting 20+ toys for him that I will end up having to pick up anyways.
A - Wife to W, mommy to C born 09/10 and J born 03/13
apboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #120
Registered Users

I think there are about 15 or so gifts but most of his gifts are small since he mainly wants books. I did buy 3 or so toys so he would have more then just books. Even his big present only cost $35 and it is a play tent. Yeah, it sounds like a lot but not really. Sorry about the estimates but I am typing this beside ds's hospital bed so I can't exactly run home and count.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote