Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #121
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekat
I think there are about 15 or so gifts but most of his gifts are small since he mainly wants books. I did buy 3 or so toys so he would have more then just books. Even his big present only cost $35 and it is a play tent. Yeah, it sounds like a lot but not really. Sorry about the estimates but I am typing this beside ds's hospital bed so I can't exactly run home and count.
My son isn't even getting a big gift this year. He wanted Nerf lazer tag which would have been $30 or more but I said no more guns. Plus he doesn't have an iPod do he wouldn't have been able to use the toy other than for pretend play. Is you're DS alright. It worried me that you said that you're in the hospital with him. I hope he's feeling better soon and you'll all be home for Christmas.

Advertisement

MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:18 AM   #122
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Yes, DH and I are exchanging gifts this year, he bought me a Nook Tablet (I had to order it bc he doesn't really know how to order stuff off the internet, lol, so I already have it) and then something else I will get on Christmas day. I bought him a Buffalo Bills hat and a Braves hoodie.

Our kids got 1 big goft from Santa (a wii) and then 1 big gift each, andbthen 3-4 smaller gifts each, mostly books and art supplies.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #123
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How many gifts for Christmas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
Yes, DH and I are exchanging gifts this year, he bought me a Nook Tablet (I had to order it bc he doesn't really know how to order stuff off the internet, lol, so I already have it) and then something else I will get on Christmas day. I bought him a Buffalo Bills hat and a Braves hoodie.

Our kids got 1 big goft from Santa (a wii) and then 1 big gift each, andbthen 3-4 smaller gifts each, mostly books and art supplies.
I love that their is another Hubby that loves the Braves and the Bills! DH & I are born/raised in Buffalo so being Bills fans was just kinda automatic - BUT DH (and now DS1) has been a fan of the Braves since he was a kid.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #124
mekat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
Is you're DS alright.
You are very sweet. They just released him but he is far from medically stable. He has a fistula in his GI tract so they put him on gut rest. Now we are resuming feeds but they may have to readmit him and put him back on gut rest if he can't handle the pain. I am pretty worried the Codeine isn't going to be strong enough. We are in for a rocky Christmas and New Years.
mekat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #125
megenic
Registered Users
seller

The girls are getting three things each from us (book, puzzle, PJs). Santa is bringing them each four things.

They each have three things from SIL (although it feels like they are clothing) and one thing from BIL. DH's parents sent one thing each and my parents sent three things each.

I got DH five gifts this year which is a crazy large amount compared to usual. I got him a hat and scarf, slippers, PJs, and a wine kit.

So overall, this is a huge pile of gift and I dread boxing day trying to find a place for it all!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #126
purpleshelly860
Registered Users
seller

My kids don't get many presents besides the ones we buy, and we don't do Santa (hey, I want the credit here!). So 4-5 each, nothing expensive. DH and I did presents this year but I think from now on we'll just put money in the vacation fund. We want memories, not stuff!
purpleshelly860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #127
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

They are each getting 5 individual gifts. They are sharing a couple of things for their art easel and a karaoke machine. Dh and I aren't exchanging gifts this year because we are in the middle of building a house.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #128
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD will be getting four gifts from us this year, possibly five if our friend has finished knitting her scarf on time. We focus more on getting a few things she'll really like than money or number of gifts.

We decided we cannot afford to exchange with each other this year. We might do something later.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #129
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One or two 'big' presents each, And then stocking stuffers. I also don't focus so much on the cost. I buy my kids the things they need or would be educational, or that they would really enjoy. I tend to buy things as i see them on special and put them away for them.

This year:
baby- a wooden ring stacker, a wooden toy abacus thing with the letters and pictures on it.

2.5yo and 4.5yo are basically getting the same things, so two of each of these
- a felt board
- a new pair of scissors
- kid chopsticks
- a dress-up costume (I made one, the other was a hand-me-down from a friend)
- a mini-baby doll
- colouring / activity book
- mini silicon kitchen utensils
- a play kitchen (to share)
- wooden pattern blocks (to share)

I am happy with everything they are getting, I don't feel like I spent a ridiculous amount of money and they will be happy with their stuff.

DH is getting a new fishing tackle box. I just got a new sewing machine so I am not expecting anything else.

Last edited by jeebee; 12-21-2012 at 07:17 PM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #130
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
I have a 6yo and a 3yo and they each got 1 big present and 3 smaller gifts. We try not to go over $150 for them a piece. They also have small stocking stuffers. We don't buy much because we are poor or anything, more so because we don't want them to expect more and more as they grow up.