Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #11
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Re: How many gifts for Christmas?

Ds is getting 7-8 this year. Dh and I do exchange gifts. I usually get him 2-3 and he gets me 5-6. The stuff he wants is always more expensive so he doesnt get as many.

My jaw seriously dropped at 30 gifts.

Advertisement

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #12
thoennes6
Registered Users
seller

we do 3 gifts. we do Santa so he brings a gift and fills their stocking. we don't spend a lot on gifts though. when we had 1 and 2 kids we spent more but with 4 we spend around 75 on each and that includes everything( 3 gifts,Santa gift, and stocking)
thoennes6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 AM   #13
Belbaby3728
Banned

I haven't really been counting! Will have to tally it up when start wrapping. However half are for dd's 1st Christmas and half are for her 1st Birthday which falls on the 26th I don't think there's more than 10-12 things total. There's like 5-6 sets babylegs and/or socks for her to open (and probably just play with box). ,

ETA DH and I stopped doing gifts to each other quite some time ago (before we even had our dd). We just enjoy our company.

Last edited by Belbaby3728; 12-10-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #14
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

I honestly couldn't tell you how many gifts my kids are getting, or at this point how much I've spent. I'm a bargain hunter and Christmas is the only time of the year we go all-out on getting the kids new stuff.

(I buy Christmas gifts year round.)

We spend between $10-25 on OTHER people's children & whether that is 1 or 3 gifts all depends on the deals I find & the age of the kid.

Both kids have about 7-8 "stocking stuffers" that are just small gifts, in size, not value. They'll also get age appropriate sweets. Some small candies/candy canes for the 3 yo & allergen free dried fruits, etc. for the 1 yo.

Some of what my sons are getting from us:

The main part of their Christmas is a huge lot of Imaginext stuff all bought at STEEP discounts:

Imaginext Castle, Ogre, Dragon, Good vs Bad Knights, Catapult, & Knight w/ Wolf for 3 yo
Imaginext Airplanes Mini Red & Mini Blue for 1 yo
Imaginext Joker & Joker's House (used) for 3 yo
3 Imaginext dinosaurs (used) for both
Imaginext Serpent Pirate Ship (used) for 1 yo

Followed by a huge lot of Wheelies stuff, also bought at HUGE discounts:

Wheelies Ramp (used) for 1 yo
Cars Wheelies x2
Misc. Wheelies x2
Wheelies Amusement Park
Wheelies DVD
Wheelies Construction Ramp (used but with new cars)

Then a few random things....

9 Hot Wheels Pack (not sure who will get it, whoever needs a package to even out)
Spiderman PJs for 3 yo
Melissa & Dough Puzzle (used) for 3 yo
Discovery Kids Card Game for 1 yo
Wee Waffle Blocks (over 80) used for 1 yo
Felt Food WAHM made for both
Knit Hoodie for 1 yo (made by a friend)
Laugh and Learn Clock for 1 yo

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #15
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
From us, each kid is getting 4 things they asked santa for plus stocking stuffers like toothbrushes, stickers, stationary, socks. They are getting 4-5 from my parents plus 3 combined gifts (skylanders started pack, some DVDs for the car), 3 from my grandma, 1 each from mil.

That a drastic cut back on my parents part per our request. They used to get 30-40 each and it was seriously a pain.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #16
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

I haven't wrapped yet, but the 3 & 5 year olds are getting about 5 from us and then a big gift each and stocking from Santa. Our teen is getting just a few things from us (one of them labeled from Santa so the littles don't wonder) because the main gift is so expensive. The baby has one from us, one from Santa, and then a stocking. We have so many toys saved from DD and DS2, he will likely get hand-me-downs every Christmas (in addition to a couple brand new things).

DH and I do exchange gifts, but we already know what they are. He got me a Nook HD+ tablet and I renewed his car's Sirius for another year.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This year our kids will get one gift from Santa, their stocking (though there are no toys except a lego mystery guy in there), 2 gifts from us, and they "buy" each other gifts because they love to shop for others. All in all, they'll have probably 4-6 gifts each to open.

DH and I don't buy each other big gifts anymore - once the kids got old enough to want to pick out things for us, they started stealing all the good gift ideas! So we do a stocking for each other and take the kids to shop for the other parent.

This year my in-laws will be here as well, so I'm not sure what extra the kids may get from them. But that's what we're doing ourselves.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

double post...

Last edited by canadianbakers; 12-10-2012 at 06:51 AM.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So far we've bought DS a pair of jeans, 2 long sleeve tops, an angry birds game and a pair of pajamas. We're also planning on getting him a nerf football and laser lag maybe if DH can finish up his job this week and the customer pays him. DH is a subcontractor so our income isn't very reliable, but he gives me an allowance for doing the book keeping so I can have my own money. For the baby she's getting a leap frog my pal violet and four gerber blanket sleepers. Her big gift is my sons old exersaucer. We've saved it for five years in hopes of having another baby and now we finally do. I stored it in a big contractor bag so it's in great condition so I'm just going to sanitize it and put a big bow on it for her. I also want to get her a tether for her stocking. As far as gifts for DH and myself were each getting pajamas and then a DVD player for our room. I guess we could also call our car repairs Christmas presents too. DH is getting his radiator flushed and he's putting a new door handle on my rear passenger side door lol.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #20
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How many gifts the kids get typically depends on how we choose to wrap them. Often we pick a theme for the bulk of the gifts so we could wrap every little accessory seperately and make lots of presents or put it all together and have less. Usually there are 10-15ish things to open and a few things left unwrapped. (stocking stuffer things like crayons, candy, etc don't typically get wrapped).

This year we did a bit smaller budget so I think the kids will have about 7-10 wrapped gifts plus stocking stuffers. I haven't wrapped yet so that is guessing.

Dh and sometimes exchange gifts and sometimes not. The kids always want to shop for us so often we just use them as our gift exchange. This year we're going to disneyworld in January so that is our gift to each other.

Last edited by Rhianna'sMommy; 12-10-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote