Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #61
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Re: How many gifts for Christmas?

We go overboard. I believe the older two are getting around 15-20 each. And the baby is getting about 10ish? A little less than 10 I think. That's not counting stocking. DH and I don't do a limit or number of gifts. Just what we think is nice and reasonable. I spent 200 on DH with stocking stuffers. He's spent about that much on me.

Advertisement

LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #62
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:

Santa brings about 4 each and 3 joint gifts (one big). Then mom and dad do the want, need, wear, read thing.
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #63
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

One

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #64
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC
They will get 1 toy and 1 pj set on xmas eve from us...and probably 15 to 20 from sant (we budget 75 per kid so 1 or 2 $20 toys and a bunch of smaller stuff...mostly used). Plus they will get about 10 to 15 more from family.
I'm glad that other people give used toys to their kids to. Have you ever given a used toy to another persons child as a gift? I want to give my new nephew one of my sons old toys but I'm afraid that she'll get mad. We were also going to buy him an outfit because she always buys for my son and now she has to buy for the baby too.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #65
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M
I hope my DH gets me a video game. He has an Xbox and I never play it because I don't like any of his games. I've been seeing two ads on TVs for these two games that I want to try. One is something Black Ops, and the other is the new Halo. I've never played either and they look cool. So it'd be nice if he listened to that and gets me one of those games.

God bless!
I think it's Call of Duty Black Ops. My husband plays those games but he doesn't have the new one yet. I bet he wants it but we turned his "man cave" into a nursery so he hasn't been playing X-box.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #66
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
I'm glad that other people give used toys to their kids to. Have you ever given a used toy to another persons child as a gift? I want to give my new nephew one of my sons old toys but I'm afraid that she'll get mad. We were also going to buy him an outfit because she always buys for my son and now she has to buy for the baby too.
My sister yard sales (in nicer neighborhoods like she lives in) for almost all of her kids presents and the ones she gives my kids for Christmas and b-days or she regifts. I know my youngest DD is getting a Curious George Memory Game for her b-day from my sis that her daughter was given 2 of. Instead of taking it back, it just went in her regift closet last year. She also picks up extra stuff at yard sales and resells them to us to give her kids for Christmas if we want he, too. All this, and she lives in a nice subdivision with big, new houses, and her ILs live in a country club. Oh, she shops ebay and OUAC for Christmas, too.

My kids are getting a couple of things from Goodwill since we have crappy yard sales here. My oldest DS is getting a Bop It that just needed new batteries - $1.99 at Goodwill. My oldest DD is getting a Polly Pocket Limo from Goodwill - $0.99.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #67
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
1 small thing from Santa. This year Gigi will get a Slinky and William will get a screw block. They will each get one other gift to open. Gigi a pair of ballet slippers and Will a Plan Toys ball pounding thing. I may have one other thing for Will. My daughter went to see The Nutcracker, which was also a xmas gift.

In the stockings will be a few special things like watercolor pencils, spinning tops, handheld music boxes and treats like Panda licorice. So I'm not sure how many that is. 5 each?

Last edited by danielle; 12-11-2012 at 06:40 PM.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #68
crunch!910
Registered Users

One each from both of us. A coworker bought each presents, my sister/their aunt bought them a collective present, and they'll each get a present from GG/Gpa. And they have a few small things in their stockings (did not fill them all the way up by any means).

I do like the saying "Something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read", but they don't really need anything, we have enough clothes, and we have enough books, so they each just got one toy. I do not believe in going overboard. We don't do Santa either. I do not want my children being materialistic and I want them to appreciate even just one gift, and not ever expect anything like 10 presents each.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #69
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
I hope my DH gets me a video game. He has an Xbox and I never play it because I don't like any of his games. I've been seeing two ads on TVs for these two games that I want to try. One is something Black Ops, and the other is the new Halo. I've never played either and they look cool. So it'd be nice if he listened to that and gets me one of those games.

God bless!
If you're seeing ads it's probably Black Ops 2. My partner would be so jealous! He gets nothing more for Christmas. He just spent $120 on the limited edition Assassin's Creed III (PS3) and the collector's edition game guide! Well, that's not true. I'm looking at buying him an Ergo Sport. Yes, you read it right, it's a gift for him! That may end up an anniversary present since our anniversary is in January. He's getting me Borderlands 2 for Christmas, though we'll be getting it late. I told him he can't buy me the second until I finish the first.

As for the kids, we each buy them one small gift. They get one family-oriented gift from Santa, which is generally games, though they've always gotten something else when they were too little for games. Little Bear is getting two teethers, though I think one will be a stocking stuffer. Santa also brings stocking stuffers, but we generally do candy since we don't do cheap toys. Sometimes it's art supplies. We try to keep the presents to a minimum because we just don't have the room for tons of stuff. We live in a small trailer with no storage space. There's barely enough room for the kids in their rooms. It's going to be interesting when Little Bear decides he's done with co-sleeping.

That being said, my mom sends a couple things for each kid by budget, not number. My aunt sends 10-15 things for each kid. Then my older two get gifts from their dad. It's overwhelming and by the time we get through presents we all pretty well never want to see wrapped presents again!
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #70
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Too many, haha. I was trying to be modest, but I can't control myself. I'm making her a play kitchen, embroidering an alphabet chart, and bought her a rag doll. I'll also get her some books (used), and either make her a pup tent or a tablecloth house I saw on Pinterest.

My parents will get her kitchen supplies. I'm hoping someone gets her a cute outfit, because her entire wardrobe is from the thrift store and I get *insanely* jealous on her behalf when I see all the gorgeous zutano, tea and polarn o pyret stuff