Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #71
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many gifts for Christmas?

They each got 1 toy from me and SO (a dinosaur - we got them from this really neat toy shop in the mall), plus 1 toy, 1 stuffed animal and 1 book each from SO's parents, and 1 toy and 1 book each from my mother.

This is the biggest Christmas they have had in a while.

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #72
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD will get 1 from me,. DH had already bought her little scooter in advance. We wont be exchanging material gifts this xmas because DH is overseas but when he comes home,. we always have some thing for each other.
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #73
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just found out that the lazer tag we were going to get my son as his big gift has to be used with a $200 ipod that we don't have. Now I have to try and convince him to pick something else. He is noing to be happy and he's been having a hard time lately so I hope he's resonable about it. There's a bayblade toy thats around $30 that I'm going to show him. Ugh I thought we had this all figured out. His other two gifts are suprises so those are taken care of. At least the baby is easy to shop for. She just "wants" cute things for my to dress her up in
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #74
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann View Post
His room has toys, my room has toys, our living room has a wall of built in shelves and this is actually a playroom on the ground floor and we have a HUGE basement filled with toys. We must have at least 500 different toys and games not counting the 1000's of hotwheels cars we have. We have 5 or 6 giant rubbermaid tubs of hotwheels and matchbox cars. Plus the storage room in our house is filled with his baby toys he no longer uses but I am saving for the next child. I have never done a toy purge the only toys we ever get rid of our the ones that are broken. Generally what I do is take the toys that are in the main floor playroom and put them in the basement so that the new toys he gets for Christmas can go on the shelves in the playroom. Playdates all comment its like coming to a toystore when they see all the toys.

Just a question....... does he play with all these toys?? I've noticed that if there are too many toys out my DS won't play with any of them. Just too many to choose from.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #75
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Santa is bringing DS a ukulele (he asked for a guitar and a living, breathing brown seal when he sat on Santa's lap. hahaha)

We have him one playmobil set that I found really cheap and don't know for sure if he will even play with, haha. We also have him 3 wooden puzzles. The only other thing we have right now is a small playdough tool that will go in his stocking.

We plan to get him a stomp rocket because he is REALLY into airplanes and rockets right now. We MAY get him a solar system to hang in his room cause he is super into space right now, too.

Otherwise, we probably won't get him much else---he will get spoiled by his grandparents as it is.

As for the two of us, I have asked DH not to get me much. I am getting him a wine aerator and a selection of wines, cheeses, and nuts. (he's a total foodie and wine lover). That is, if I can get away from him for 2 seconds to shop!!!!

Instead of going over board on DS and ourselves we decided to sponsor 3 kids through compassion international, and we bought toys for 10 angel tree kids. DH inherited a very very small amount of money from his grandfather, so after putting some aside for DS's education fund that is what we used the rest for.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #76
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christeacher View Post
One of my friends went to church today and the sermon was on christmas and how jesus got 3 gifts and that should be good enough for our kids. just a thought.

This is exactly what we do. 3 gifts to each of our own kids, based on Jesus' gifts. A chocolate orange in the stockings. DH and I each give each other 1 gift. Our kids each get 2-3 gifts from each set of grandparents. Nothing else to or from aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, friends, teachers, etc.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #77
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

We do 3 gifts for DD from mommy and daddy. Santa brings one big gift and stocking stuffers. DH and I spend $50 on each other.

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #78
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

3 large gifts each, then some stocking stuffers like Lego minifigures, band-aids, candy cane etc.The baby is only getting one because well he's a baby. There really is only so much they can open and enjoy before it just becomes excessive. They also get maybe 3-4 more presents from family members. I feel like even that is too much. It just gets overwhelming and I like to focus on quality over quantity.

DH and I don't get each other anything. Sometimes me make a joint gift for the house that we both want. Last month we bought a new recliner so that's our gift.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #79
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My kids are getting 8 gifts each (some from Santa, some from us), stockings (candy, bubble bath, and lego guys) plus 5 gifts that are for all three of them. They'll get a group gift from my mom as well. I think I did more last year. I am actually trying hard to pare it down. I grew up getting mounds of gifts and it was so fun. It's hard for me to let that go. We don't set a $ amount per kid, they don't care what we spent, we just get them what they want (within reason) and don't worry about making the $ equal.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #80
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

We go big or go home.
5 year old DD is getting about 25 gifts combined (including things in stocking). And almost 1 yr old DS is getting about 10 things for Christmas and 6 more for his Birthday 3 days later.

1 gift is for both of them.
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote