Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 2013 Weekly Chat: Dec. 10-16

What are we up to today?

I was able to get through my meeting last night without so I feel like I have done good. I am not feeling great today, but that is alright.

How are you?

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #12
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have to take my 15 month-old for a well-baby check up at noon. Not sure if he gets more vaccinations, hmmm. Dreading it a bit because I am SO tired.
Last night was my worst night so far. I felt fine until 3pm, then starting feeling terrible. My nausea got unmanageable and I asked DH to get me some soup at around 10pm. After I ate it, I felt 10 times better. I have not thrown up yet, but this nausea in the evenings/nights is kicking my butt.
I ordered 6 newborn aios in a flash co-op that was only open an evening on FB. Feeling lucky I got in on that. Cost me $24 (after shipping will be $30). They look just like Lil Joeys. We are team green, but I ordered 1 girly flower diaper--my first girly baby thing to buy ever. So with this order, I have 19 newborn aios, and have spent $82. I want 30 (enough to wash every 2 days) and am off to a great start, heheh.
Anyone else have their stashes started?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

15 months does have injections for immunizations. My son was 15 months when I got diagnosed with the cancer and that is when he got his first MMR. They had to call my oncologist to make sure it was safe for me for him to get it (it is live).
Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #14
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just got 9 xs BG aios & some newborn covers, as I plan to get some newborn fitteds as well.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, my dad #2 (of 3 not including FIL) called me in the middle of that last message.

Great score on diapers!

I want to make my diapers but I worry that it will be expensive. I think I will make my decision in February. Then I am not dealing with twice weekly doctor's visits and morning sickness. I would also like to make some woolies but yarn is expensive! So now I am researching dyeing my own yarn. I can get 10 - 100g BFL undyed for $85. I get a few dyes for under $10 and I will have a lot of yarn to work with. It looks easy on the You Tube videos that I have found.

Has anyone tried these diapers? http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/workhorse.htm They look nice and they might be good when the baby is peeing out of everything early on. I have 24 green edge PF but they are bit big for the newbie size.

Also what covers are good? I will only work with snap, and I prefer sized (one size drive me nuts!). My son is 4 so I haven't kept up with current trends.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We had to take the car in for an oil change this morning. My 2 year old was terrible and I felt so nauseous by the time it was done! It took almost 2!!!! Hours!! Next time we need a drop off plan!!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #17
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm having such a hard time coming up with a great Christmas present for DD! I dished out all my great ideas to grandparents (she's getting a balance bike, enclosed trampoline, light table, and a handmade rocking horse!). Anything we get her will be sad in comparison lol though I am grateful they have the expensive stuff covered
Old 12-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #18
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've heard great things about the GMDs. I also hear good things about Bummis NB covers, Thirsties XS, and Proraps. Seems from pictures that Bummis get the smallest and are best for even the tiniest chicken nb legs.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #19
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Sorry, my dad #2 (of 3 not including FIL) called me in the middle of that last message.

Great score on diapers!

I want to make my diapers but I worry that it will be expensive. I think I will make my decision in February. Then I am not dealing with twice weekly doctor's visits and morning sickness. I would also like to make some woolies but yarn is expensive! So now I am researching dyeing my own yarn. I can get 10 - 100g BFL undyed for $85. I get a few dyes for under $10 and I will have a lot of yarn to work with. It looks easy on the You Tube videos that I have found.

Has anyone tried these diapers? http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/workhorse.htm They look nice and they might be good when the baby is peeing out of everything early on. I have 24 green edge PF but they are bit big for the newbie size.

Also what covers are good? I will only work with snap, and I prefer sized (one size drive me nuts!). My son is 4 so I haven't kept up with current trends.
I love GMD workhorse diapers. I'm using them now with DS & can't wait to order my newborn size. My fave covers are Blueberry OS coveralls. A friend gave me a couple of sized Thirsties covers & I like them too. But I've never CDed a newbie, so I'm not sure about newborn stuff, but I plan to go for newborn sizes in the brands I already like. I can tell you that I HATE Flips. I LOVE wool too! If they weren't so expensive I would probably use them all the time. I have 4 Bummis newborn covers.

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 12-12-2012 at 03:52 PM.
leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #20
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Diapers!?!? I don't think I'll think too much about those until after the holidays. I'm up to my eyeballs in angel robes just this week.

I'm thinking I will take the 3 doz small IPFs and convert them to hip snapping fitteds. PFs + me + newborn blowouts= too much wool to clean. I still have a good bit of crocheted wool from both DD and DS2. I also have 2 skeins waiting for me to dye a "colorway" I've been dreaming about since DD potty trained. Grandma is just waiting for me to give her her crochet assignments.

I have felt very little nausea today. Trying to see that as a blessing and not worry.