Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:
Talking What do you prefer to give during holidays?

Toys?
Clothes?
Foods?
Money?
Others, pls specify

Advertisement

sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What do you prefer to give during holidays?

I prefer to give
Toys (25%)
Clothes (40%)
Foods (5%)
Money(10%)
Others, household products (25%)
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

It really depends on who the gift is for. We're not buying for anyone other than the kids this year... but when I buy for ppl I try to get something I think they'd absolutely love. I usually spend a lot of time finding the right thing.

One thing I always give though are ornaments that either have a pic of the kids or one they've made. I adore baking too, and most years I make a good variety of treats and divide them into tins to give out.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For my own kids, I prefer to give them something they need/want that isn't toys. Like for my DD, we are getting a new bedding set. My 2 year olds are getting back packs (and more). We usually get one smallish toy or sometimes a big toy depending on the situation. But, we leave most the toys for the grandparents. I don't prefer to get them clothes because I hated that as a kid, but I will get them an item of clothing that isn't an everyday thing or that I know they want.

For other's kids, I like to get toys, sometimes educational and sometimes not.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just want to create a little (or a lot of ) magic for each giftee....it's all about them!
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
For the kids-toys They only get toys for christmas and their bdays. We also dont have relatives who buy them a million toys for either day or randomly through out the year-which is so nice.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
irishdancemomma
Registered Users

I got my son some pjs, some books, and some toys with a few treats in his stocking. He is only one this year, but I think when he is older we may take a trip as a family for his big gift.

I have seven younger siblings, most are still kids. I like to give them experience gifts. Example: Tickets to a movie or play, trip to the ice cream shop or a restaurant, sleep over at my house. They think this is awesome and it doesn't clutter their already crowded house.
irishdancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
90% toys (art supplies in here)
10% food

I have 3 generations of in-laws giving my children clothing so they have that all sewn up.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #9
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
I just want to create a little (or a lot of ) magic for each giftee....it's all about them!
This. I don't have a preference on what I buy. I just want the receiver to feel loved and to really appreciate the gift.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetDD View Post
Toys?
Clothes?
Foods?
Money?
Others, pls specify
For kids, toys (I remember the disappointment I always felt when I got clothes, hahaha)

For adults, it is so very person-specific. For teens I usually give money or gift cards because it's usually really what they want.

For adults I usually make at least one gift, and that varies (it's gotten a lot easier now that I'm a mom because the grandmothers get something with DS's little face on it -- This year it's coasters made from recycled garden tiles and modpodge); last year everyone got crocheted scarves; the year before it was hand scrub. I also buy a gift, and it just depends on the person. My mom tends to like Bible study items like commentaries or Beth Moore books/guides and she also likes kitchen related items. My brothers are techies so I let my DH do the shopping for them. DH's sister is into dragoncon type stuff so this year I got her some vampire paper dolls (she's in her 40s but I think she'll get a kick out of them). For my sisters-in-law on my side of the family I usually get some stationary type items or some jewelry

ETA: personally I love to bake and would give food gifts, but people usually have SO MUCH food around the holidays, I'm afraid it would be wasted.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com

Last edited by dancermommy1; 12-12-2012 at 10:06 AM.
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote