Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #11
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
We got a package last year around Christmas. It was smoked salmon and a smoked salmon cheese ball! We ate the crap out of it and when I went to look closer at the return address so I could mail the thank you card, (I knew someone with the same name as the sender so I assumed it was from them to us) it was totally addressed to the previous owners of this house! We felt like horrible people for eating their present! Now I make sure to re-read both addresses before I open a package!

ETA: I'm definitely going to jail for this!

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette
We got a package last year around Christmas. It was smoked salmon and a smoked salmon cheese ball! We ate the crap out of it and when I went to look closer at the return address so I could mail the thank you card, (I knew someone with the same name as the sender so I assumed it was from them to us) it was totally addressed to the previous owners of this house! We felt like horrible people for eating their present! Now I make sure to re-read both addresses before I open a package!

ETA: I'm definitely going to jail for this!
That is pretty funny. We would have eaten it too and then felt badly when we found out it wasn't for us.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We've lived in this house for almost six years and still get the previous owner's mail. For the first two years I put it back in the mailbox with a note that they'd moved. Now I toss it unless it's from the government or something. There has to be a limit to how long you're required to do their dirty work. The previous owner was a cheap bugger who didn't want to pay for the forwarding service (we asked him one day).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama
We've lived in this house for almost six years and still get the previous owner's mail. For the first two years I put it back in the mailbox with a note that they'd moved. Now I toss it unless it's from the government or something. There has to be a limit to how long you're required to do their dirty work. The previous owner was a cheap bugger who didn't want to pay for the forwarding service (we asked him one day).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
We've been in our house 4 years and have gotten to the same point. The previous person gets lots of letters from collections companies, creditors, etc. I am constantly putting stuff back in the box with a sticky note that she doesn't live here. If its obviously important stuff, I put it back, but anything else goes in the recycle. I've even left notes in our mailbox asking the carrier to only deliver mail addressed to our family, no luck.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #15
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Dh is a criminal!

I open any mail that comes here - because my DH family has owned and lived in this house for 50 years and we still get mail addressed to some unknown women. It is all junk mail or coupons. I keep her coupons! LOL

My DH is always teasing me that he is gonna report me for opening his mail. It is only bills and I am the one that does the budget so it is not like he is hiding anything but he likes to say " that is a federal offense! "

The only thing that i do not open is personal greeting cards addressed to anyone in my family other than me.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

I have to double check my mail before opening it. One of the mail carriers doesn't even look at the full address before putting in my box, my house number is 702, I've gotten mail addressed to a house across town. Their house number was 702.......it happens a lot. They gave me someone's rent money once! I could see the check, clear as day, through the envelope. I took it to the post office because we were leaving town and I didnt feel comfortable leaving it in my mailbox. And that's one of the reasons I hand deliver my rent.

Any magazines or coupons, I keep lol
Old 12-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #17
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've done that before. I got a piece of mail, opened it,and was like "What? Child support case, huh?" Then I looked at the name. Oops. It was supposed to go in the mail box for a different apartment but somehow made it into mine. I gave it to the office and asked them to make sure the lady in question received it. I did check with her a few days later. The office called her that same day to tell her she had mail there.

I felt a little embarrassed, and assured her that I just wasn't paying attention when I opened it. She was really understanding about it.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

Junk mail goes into the recycling bin no matter what. If you return it to the post office, they just trash it.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
We still get junk mail from the old owners of this house. We have lived here for over three years. It is slowing down somewhat. They got a lot of junk mail apparently.

What I think is funniest is that there is a family that still sends an xmas card (the picture and letter combo deal) every Christmas. That is exactly why I don't do those things....I mean seriously, if you don't know someone moved over THREE YEARS ago, how close are you really to them, and do they really want to see your xmas card?
we get these too! Dude...we've owned this house over 4 years ... come one people!
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #20
breanne_roz
Registered Users
seller

I've done it twice. Once it was a cheque from an insurance company (same as mine). My house had the same house number as the house one block up and the street names were similar. I walked it over to her and explained what happened. The second time it was a letter from the city. I assumed it was my electricity bill. It ended up being a letter for my landlord detailing how her house was going up for auction because of unpaid property taxes. I was very happy I opened that letter, because I may have ended up homeless had I not found out!
breanne_roz is offline   Reply With Quote