Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Mscheripone
Registered Users

Fabric for inserts?

Not sure if this is the riht place but i won a gift card to naturesfabric.com and im trying to figure out what fabric i could get to make inserts or flats. I think i would prefer some like a small flat that i can trifold/padfold. thanks!

Advertisement

Mscheripone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
tomandkara
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fabric for inserts?

Bamboo fleece is good for inserts. I've heard hemp fleece is even more absorbent but I haven't personally tried that yet.
Find me on facebook and Hyena Cart to see my custom-dyed wool interlock, hybrid fitted diapers, and children's clothes! I stock Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. EST!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fabric for inserts?

their regular bamboo fleece is great for starting. I have started using baby loop terry and velour some but they are very hard to get used to working with since they are a lot thinner and slippier if you kwim. I love the bamboo fleece. It is incredibly soft, and stays that way, but thick enough to stay put while you are sewing. I would use 6-10 layers. I made mine 14x15" (for a large) and 12x13" (for a small) and then stitch lines to fold it in thirds. They are our favorite. I would use two or three layers of the regular bamboo fleece or two layers of heavy fleece, but the heavy fleece gets stiff after a while.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote