Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does a diaper like this exist? Help me find it please!

Workhorse fitteds are 100% cotton, much less expensive than other fitteds, and trimmer than other I have tried.

Advertisement

Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
CarolynLeigh
Registered Users

Well it sounds like the general consensus is that the GMD Workhorse Fitteds are worth trying. I would love to find a super trim cover (with snaps, not velcro!) to fit over the newborn sized GMD's, any suggestions? I have, of course, seen the Bummis Super Snap but am wondering if there are other options available that work just as well, or better?
CarolynLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have the same problem, oversupply of milk + super wet and poopy diapers. The workhorse + thirsties cover keeps everything in. It totally amazes me that we have not had any kind of leak and my baby is 5weeks old. With my older two kids, they were always leaking out of their disposable diapers. Yeah for cloth!
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Thirsties duo fab fitted with bamboo or hemp in the tunnel. Or itti bitti boos (bamboo/cotton fitteds)
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

Econobums, once they fit, are very very trim as far as covers go.
ktgrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would get fitteds in your situation, and I would NOT choose the sleekest/trimmest b/c they are generally not going to be wide-cut/higher-rise w/room to hold what you are describing

Little Boppers and Bugga Bugga Boutique fitteds have AWESOME containment. I would go for the smaller size first, then size up to OS. They're a little fluffier, but so cute and very well-made. Then whatever cover you love, b/c with LB or BBB fitteds I wouldn't worry too much about leakages.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
CarolynLeigh
Registered Users

I suppose I should probably just come to terms with the fact that a sleek diaper is just not going to work on a heavy-wetter/poop-exploder! Thanks for all the help ladies, I really appreciate the feedback. I am still curious to find other SIZED snap diaper covers (other than bummis) if anybody knows of any other brands.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #18
rangefibers
Registered Users
seller

Thirsties Duo was recommended to me. I am going to try them and a combo of wool. Imagine also has some sized covers that I'm going to try as well!
rangefibers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
CarolynLeigh
Registered Users

I wouldn't mind using thirsties duo once baby is bigger, but I would really like to use sized covers when they are little... cloth diapers are bulky enough on their own I don't want the extra fabric from folding down/snapping the cover on a little baby bum. I could only find a one-size cover from Imagine?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #20
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynLeigh View Post
I suppose I should probably just come to terms with the fact that a sleek diaper is just not going to work on a heavy-wetter/poop-exploder! Thanks for all the help ladies, I really appreciate the feedback. I am still curious to find other SIZED snap diaper covers (other than bummis) if anybody knows of any other brands.
Sandys, from MotherEase, are GREAT at holding stuff in, the elastic is all the way around the legs and waist. Great prices, as far as fitted go. Good reputation. Add a doubler for night.
ktgrok is offline   Reply With Quote