Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does a diaper like this exist? Help me find it please!

The fact that it is cotton isn't better than hemp or bamboo. The cotton is better than micro fiber, and the price is better than hemp or bamboo, the other reason I recommended it is because it is very full coverage, but pretty trim at the same time.

Advertisement

Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #32
CarolynLeigh
Registered Users

Thanks again everybody for all your comments, advice, encouragement, etc! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions but your help has been greatly appreciated thus far!
CarolynLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #33
minneapolisite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SoftBums Echos are The Answer.
At-home mom of DAK (Oct 2011) and #2 (Oct 2014)
minneapolisite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #34
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynLeigh View Post
That raises another question... if bamboo and hemp are supposed to be more absorbent than cotton, why would the GMD 100% cotton fitted be better than a hemp or bamboo?
One thing is that cotton absorbs more quickly than hemp or bamboo, which makes a bigger difference w/an older diaper-flooder IMHO.

However, I think lots of mamas recommend the GMD Workhorse fitteds b/c they are relatively inexpensive fitteds. I wouldn't expect them to hold much more than a PF in terms of absorbency.

ETA -- I've never tried them, by the time they came out my son was well into heavy-wetting toddler age If I were expecting the mess you've described, I'd try them if they have rear elastic (I'm not sure if they do ) AND I would definitely be adding doublers.

Last edited by boysniris; 12-14-2012 at 08:28 AM.
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #35
CarolynLeigh
Registered Users

I recently discovered that GMD has a flate rate shipping to Canada of $32.95. The "flat rate box" will fit 28 newborn or 24 yellow edge or 18 red edge or 16 brown edge or 14 green edge. The shipping isn't that bad for the newborn size because you can fit more in a box, but it's an extra $2.35 per diaper for the x-large. Are the GMD's worth paying the additional cost for shipping to Canada, or is there another brand that might be worth looking into?
CarolynLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote