Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

I just got two sized knickernappies pocket diapers to try as waterproof pull up trainers. Here is a pic of how they look on my toddler. He is 37" & 29 pounds rocking a size medium pocket. I haven't tried having him pull them up & down yet but I usually help him with that. I think if I loosened the snap setting one (would still have one remaining) he could do it.

(the one size knickernappies pockets have a smooth front but the sized ones have waist & back elastic. I think that makes them easier to pull up)

Also we have used mother-ease sandy's fitteds as pull ups around the house. If we go somewhere in them, I put a dappi or bummis pull on cover over there.

Here is a size small bamboo (dyed green)

Another view

Backside view (elastic all the way across it seems - he is moving too fast to see!)

With a bummis pull on cover

Also with a dappi large pull on cover (only back view bc he wouldn't hold still

DS is now much preferring standing up diaper changes (and so does his pregnant mama! Easier on the back

Hope this helps some mamas in that in between diapers & PL phase

Btw this is what he was doing while I was trying to take his picture (proof of how much I love you mamas!

Advertisement

Last edited by crunchyNurseMommy; 12-11-2012 at 10:48 AM.
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

LOVE this post! I have Sandys too that I was going to use, but not sure of a cover. I really like how that one looks over it!

For a waterproof one I was going to try a Simplex. I've never heard of knickerknappies but I am definitely looking into it. Thanks for the post!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: PICS! Side snapping diapers as trainers!

Cute -- I like side-snapping diapers a lot.

I tried to use my son's side-snapping GAD Large diapers as trainers yesterday, but he KNEW it was a diaper and CALLED ME ON IT. I tried to put it on him like undies but he just unsnapped them. I want to finish all my custom orders ASAP now so I can make him more trainers!!!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm thinking about making my next set of diapers side-snaps that can be pulled up and down, as we're getting close to 2yrs old and I'd like to start some light daytime PL'ing. Any ideas, anyone? I really like the way that Sandy's looks..... does the elastic in the back go all the way around or just across the majority of it like the front? Do you think putting the snaps more toward the back rather than at the front of the hip would be more or less comfortable, I think the tabs would lay a little better rather than poking straight out at the sides like the knickernappie one. idk, just bouncing ideas cause you guys rock!
and begging for 1 more!
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712
LOVE this post! I have Sandys too that I was going to use, but not sure of a cover. I really like how that one looks over it!

For a waterproof one I was going to try a Simplex. I've never heard of knickerknappies but I am definitely looking into it. Thanks for the post!
I added pics of a dappi cover as well because they work good & are cheap! I also use MEAF because they are side snapping & work great! I'll try to post pics of that option as well
I haven't tried the simplex but I think others have. For me the knickernappies was a great option because I have inserts I could use. I would like to try grovia AIO but the not sewn down insert would make it hard to pull up without bunching. So the simplex would solve that problem since you can tuck it into the tongue. The kickernappies are fleece lined so stay dry but DS doesn't seem to care either way.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by breast4my3
... does the elastic in the back go all the way around or just across the majority of it like the front? Do you think putting the snaps more toward the back rather than at the front of the hip would be more or less comfortable, I think the tabs would lay a little better rather than poking straight out at the sides like the knickernappie one. idk, just bouncing ideas cause you guys rock!
I posted a pic of how the back of the sandy's look. Seems like the elastic goes all the way across the back & the front. That was the first time I tried the knickernappies so I need to work with the snaps. At least with the sandy's there are only 3 snaps on each row so the tabs aren't very long but super stretchy so not a lot of extra material along the wings.

Last edited by crunchyNurseMommy; 12-11-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
elvenmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Looks good! What size bummis pull on is that?
elvenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenmama
Looks good! What size bummis pull on is that?
Large
Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
I posted a pic of how the back of the sandy's look. Seems like the elastic goes all the way across the back & the front. That was the first time I tried the knickernappies so I need to work with the snaps. At least with the sandy's there are only 3 snaps on each row so the tabs aren't very long but super stretchy so not a lot of extra material along the wings.
Thanks, and the action pics are priceless!!!
and begging for 1 more!
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Little update.

DS wore the sandy's with a bummis pull up pants during gymnastics today. This was our first adventure out of the house in a "trainer". Of course he was too busy playing to know to stop & pee but after 1 1/2 the sandy's was soaked but no leaks!