Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #11
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you wash and prep everything?

With my son I moved at 32 weeks so after that, I prepped everything and installed the carseat. Don't plan on moving with this baby so I think after my 30 week ultrasound I will start doing things slowly. I want to have everything done by 36 weeks though because at that point the baby could come home should I have to deliver early, and I don't trust DH to install the carseat for the first time, correctly, without me.

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 AM   #12
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had everything ready for DD before 30 weeks I was a crazy first time preggo mama and couldn't help myself, haha.
This time I pulled out the newbie clothes around 30 weeks and went through them and washed them. I washed the newbie diapers the next week I think. I am 35 weeks now and we have most everything done, except the carseat, we'll probably put it in the car after the holidays are over. I think you'd be fine to start prepping stuff now
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #13
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Between 33 and 35 weeks.

All 3 of mine were early, and 2 of them came at or before 37 weeks.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Between 33 and 35 weeks.

All 3 of mine were early, and 2 of them came at or before 37 weeks.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
I start around 25wks or so. I wanted everything I could get done, done. Well the carseat isnt in yet but Ill put it in tomorrow after we go grocery shopping for the last time before baby gets here(friday ). But clothes and diapers have been washed and sitting in the draws and the crib and bassinet have been set up for a while now.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #16
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh boy....I guess I better get started! Ha ha ha.

Considering I haven't done ANYTHING yet.

I went over and was induced with all 3 others, so I really don't think that I will go early, but I guess I still need to get started.

I will make a little checklist today and get started.....
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #17
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and all I've done is installed the car seat (which we did this week as soon as the car seat we ordered arrived because we had to rock a pretty complicated 3-across), and I'm in the midst of prepping new prefolds because they are unbleached and take approximately 30 bazillion washes in my darn front loader to prep. Considering we already do 10-12 normal loads of laundry a week, I need to sneak in these prefold loads while I can.

Baby clothes will probably come out of storage for washing this weekend, and gear (swing, bouncy, etc) probably wont get set up until pretty much my due date or when baby is actually here. Assuming I don't get some super useful nesting urge or something.

I will say that with my 1st, everything was done by 36 weeks. With this being my 3rd, I've grown a bit more relaxed.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #18
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was wondering if this had to do with the fact that it was my 4th. I have done NOTHING and I have felt completely relaxed about that until right now.

Now I am panicking a little bit b/c, while I am way more relaxed about everything, my life is MUCH fuller than it was with previous pregnancies - 3 kids, homeschooling, business. Plus, I am nearly 39 and I really feel like crap this pregnancy. So, my energy is terrible. I am really at the "survival" level of functioning. I don't know how I am going to "step it up" and get everything around and get meals in the freezer, etc.

Sigh.

I just thought....maybe I could pay my daughter to prep meals and freeze them! She is looking for opportunities to make money for Christmas....hmmmm....
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll do all that stuff in the last month. I don't really do a whole lot of prep work for a new baby until the last four weeks.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #20
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'll be 37 weeks in 2 days and I've done hardly anything. And its my first.

The only thing I have done is freezer meals. I have enough to go about two weeks. I would do more but I just dont have the freezer space. I think I could probably squeeze some MAC and cheese in. Lol

It's seriously time to get cracking!