Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
kmovoilet30
Registered Users

My Mood:
When will baby turn?

Great I had an Ultra sound and baby is breach. Just wondering when the baby will turn. I really want to avoid a C-section.

Advertisement

kmovoilet30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When will baby turn?

DDC why would you need a csection for a breech baby? Breech is not usually a great reason for it and lots of babies are delivered perfectly fine breech. (and that is no judgement there as I am personally a mama who's had a c section). I just don't think you need to feel doomed to one if the baby hasn't turned.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
DDC why would you need a csection for a breech baby? Breech is not usually a great reason for it and lots of babies are delivered perfectly fine breech. (and that is no judgement there as I am personally a mama who's had a c section). I just don't think you need to feel doomed to one if the baby hasn't turned.
a lot of drs wont deliver a breech baby.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Probably 20 weeks or so definitely time 4 turning....
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Babies can turn at any time till the very last minute. The problem is that a lot of doctors are not willing to wait to see if the baby will turn. I don't know what you have already tried by there are some good suggestions on how to get a baby to turn on http://www.spinningbabies.com/
Also I have heard that some woman have great results with chiropractic adjustments to get everything in the right place so the baby will want to be head down.
How soon are you due? My 5 year old was flipping breach to head down and back and forth agan until around week 39.5.
Good luck.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Babies can turn at any time till the very last minute. The problem is that a lot of doctors are not willing to wait to see if the baby will turn. I don't know what you have already tried by there are some good suggestions on how to get a baby to turn on http://www.spinningbabies.com/
Also I have heard that some woman have great results with chiropractic adjustments to get everything in the right place so the baby will want to be head down.
How soon are you due? My 5 year old was flipping breach to head down and back and forth agan until around week 39.5.
Good luck.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
a lot of drs wont deliver a breech baby.
Yup, unfortunately, they aren't trained to deliver breech babies, and freak out over the thought. I wish breech position wasn't treated like an emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Probably 20 weeks or so definitely time 4 turning....
no, 20 wks is definitely far too early. Babies have TONS of room at 20 wks. They can still do flips all day everyday if they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmom View Post
Good luck.
Yea, this.

I've heard stories of babies turning at the very last minute, even in labor! But most doctors, again, lacking the ability to deliver a breech baby have a spazz attack and "require" a c/s if baby is breech around your due date.

I am 27 wks and as of last wk, my baby was still head up, with it's head under my rib cage on the right. I am not really worried. I will get concerned around 32 wks or so if the baby is still head down.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

depends on what you're comfortable with. I'm willing to go to 42 weeks waiting on the baby to turn (a friend of mine's baby turned at 41+ weeks). But if my baby is still breech at 30 weeks, I will be doing spinning babies quite religiously.

if I have a breech baby, I will have a csection - no doctor I know is going to do a vbac on a breech baby. but... I will wait until there's a very very good reason and I won't be bullied into a 39 week csection if the baby is still breech then.

and I totally understand your distress, I was depressed when we found out this baby was breech at 20 weeks and 3 weeks later, I'm still a little bit freaked out. But, my DD was head down the entire pregnancy, so I'm just not accustomed to babies moving around. She didn't and this one hasn't moved yet.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 12-13-2012 at 03:50 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My midwife said she isn't really worried about breech and would still deliver me at home if baby was breech. But a lot of practitioners think a breech is a huge deal and you have to have a c-section (some breeches are more risky than others and transverse has to be a c section). I was breech until 28 weeks or so; she said it wasn't even a concern until around 34 weeks and that she felt like some women because of the shape of their bodies seemed to have breech babies and that was okay.

20 weeks is way too early to worry, the baby has tons of space and flips around all the time at that point.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that 20 weeks is way too early to worry. I don't even think that the position of the baby at that gestation is any indication of anything because they still have lots of room to turn. I don't know if this is your first, but as others have said, it is possible to have a breech baby vaginally, although the risks are higher than a vertex baby. But, the risks of a c-section are also still present, so it's about the risks that you are willing to accept and whether or not you could find a provider to support you. But again, the chances of your baby turning are quite high. In a few weeks you might want to check out spinning babies if your baby is still breech.